chapter 10

"Naruto, you're awake. I'll set you down I need to explain some things to you." Kurenai let Naruto off her back and onto a log, her hands immediatly turned green and she began using the mystic palm to check him over.

"First off, Tazuna's lied. This was actually meant to be an A rank mission. Gato of Gato industries owns the land of waves and keeps them too poor to fight back. If a bridge were to be built it would eliminate the need for Gato to use his boats to import and export everything, thus freeing them of his control. We discussed it and your teammates are willing to keep going but you are the deciding factor here." Kurenai explained as she concentrated.

Naruto thought for a moment. "Why am I the deciding factor?"

"Because I want to be fair to you three. I think we should turn back, but if all three of you wish to continue, we will."

Naruto nodded. "Like I could ignore someone who needs my help. Let's go." Naruto stood a strange feeling going through him.

Like he could feel his sensei, Hinata, Shikamaru, and Tazuna.

"I feel funny, Sensei... like I don't need to see to know where you are, and my own chakra is spiking and dipping." Naruto placed a hand on his stomach.

"Hokage-sama said this might happen. Apparently you are unlocking your final kekkei genkai, but according to what your cousin told Hokage-sama it could last days or even weeks. Something will eventually trigger it." Kurenai stopped the mystic palm. "I can't even tell why you fainted... probably part of the changes. I was told that the Uzumaki bloodline is basically a wildcard and could be anything, even the byakugan. "

Naruto blushed, remembering his 'talk' with Anko.

Then his eyes widened and he was on high alert. He pulled a Kunai and hurled it into the bushes, only to click his tongue. "They moved...Sensei, someone's here."

Hinata activated her byakugan. "Everyone get down!"

Kurenai dragged Tazuna downward but Naruto's reflexes spiked and he channeled chakra to his arms, catching the massive blade as it tried to bisect them.

Everyone stared as Naruto easily caught a blade twice his size by a hole in the blade. Naruto adjusted his grip so he held the long hilt with one arm.

"Hmmm....seems the genjutsu mistress has herself a decent tool." A voice came from the fog.

Naruto grinned then stabbed the sword into the ground. "Fuuton: Great Breakthrough!"

He pushed the wind chakra in all directions, making the fog disappear as well. "Dammit I hate wind users...."

The man was tall with pale, almost grey skin. His hair was short and black. He had bandages on his face and a rather muscular physique, similar to Arashi.

He almost said something else when he had to dodge an arrow from Hinata. Her byakugan activated and she summoned three explosive arrows. Lining all three up, she aimed at Zabuza.

Zabuza eyes widened as he saw the explosive tags in the arrows. "Oh shit!" He shunshined just in time to dodge three powerful explosions that blew the rest of the fog away and revealed Zabuza pushing himself to his feet after falling. "You little...fucking....brats..."

Kurenai began going through handsigns. "Naruto, I'll put him in a genjutsu but this one has a requirement. The Demon hell fire genjutsu requires that I touch his blood... I need you to draw on the power inside you."

Naruto looked to Hinata and Shikamaru, hoping that they won't hate him after today. "Okay..."

"Hinata, Shikamaru. Take Tazuna and run to his house, this fight is about to become more dangerous than you're prepared for." Kurenai ordered, a determined look on her face.

Hinata argued. "I've been trained the same as Naru-kun! I should be able to stay and help!"

"Hinata this is a direct order! I need you to protect Tazuna. Naruto has something that can help him fight on a level that dwarfs average shinobi. You need-"

"Hinata...." Naruto whispered. "I promise I'll tell you after this, but I don't want you getting caught in the crossfire. Please go." Hinata heard the pain in his voice and relented. Then she turned and she, Shikamaru, and Tazuna began sprinting away.

"Heh...sending half the team away, you two got balls." Zabuza chuckled as he

"Tell me Zabuza..." Naruto's voice deepened, his pupils slit, and his irises became red. A red aura of chakra surrounded him and an ominous feeling flooded the air. "...do you know what a jinchuriki is?"

"Damn... you're a jinchuriki from Konoha, that means you hold the ninetails, strongest of the bijuu...." Zabuza did fifty handsigns faster than Kurenai thought possible. "Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu!!!" A gigantic serpentine dragon shot from the lake straight at Naruto.

Naruto moved to the side in time to see the dragon change course and keep chasing him. "RAAAAAAGH!!!!!" Naruto roared with such fierce power that the water dragon was blown apart.

Zabuza had already grabbed his sword and was on top of Naruto in seconds. "Die brat!!!"

As he tried to bring his massive sword down, Naruto swatted him away with his red chakra. The blow sent Zabuza flying parallel to the ground, and before he could right himself Naruto caught up and punched him into the ground. The force was so great that it created a trench with Zabuza's body.

"Damn...brats strong...." He shakily stood. "I'll need help killing you it seems."