Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

"Harry!!!" I screamed out.

Harry turned around. That's it he's dead! But wait. Suddenly the second man dropped his bottle on the ground and pulled Harry into a hug.

"Where have ya been man!" He said. Huh?

"Long time no see." Harry replies laughing. The first man playfully shoved Harry on the chest.

"You better get your ass at the bar, got it!"

"Sure thing Rick!" Harry replied. "But seriously, stay away from her next time." he said in a stern voice.

"You getting soft for a girl there Harry?" The first man, Rick, asked. Harry raised a brow as if saying 'does it look like I got soft?'.

"Now, go get wasted somewhere else." He said. The two turned back to their bench to take a seat. Harry turned to me. "You seem like you need a ride." He asked.

My mouth was open. He started towards his car opening the passenger door for me.

"You know them?" I asked.

"They're old friends" he said shrugging. "Get in." I hesitated.

"I don't bite." He said than broke out into a grin. " not always at least." I stepped into his car unwillingly. He came around to the drivers seat.

"How do you know them?" I couldn't stop myself from asking.

"Is someone getting a bit too clingy already?"

"I was asking, cuz I'm just a bit surprised. Not that I care!"

"And why are you surprised? I'm sure you've heard the rumours about me."

"What rumours?"

"The same old, 'he's not right, stay away from him'"

I didn't answer but instead changed the subject.

"Make a right, here." He did as I instructed. Soon we were in front of my house. He examined it curiously. "Thank you, for the ride...and I guess for saving me from your 'friends'" I was just about to open the car door when he suddenly said,

"you shouldn't be out late like this alone." I was shocked. "It's not safe." He continued.

"The big badass cares about safety? Doesn't really suit you." He suddenly broke out into another devious smile

"Just trying to make sure no one else gets ya before me." He said.

"Your disgusting!" I slammed his car door. Without looking back, I got into my house.