Chapter 42

Chapter 42:

"You were holding a knife at me, eh? Well sweet Katie, lemme show ya how to use one properly." He said taking a step towards me. My throat was dry. My eyes quickly darted for an exit. He was blocking the stairs. "There's no way out." He said grinning. Making a quick decision, I ran down the hall at full speed. I heard the heavy footsteps behind me. I ran into the washroom swinging the door behind me. Before I could shut the door, Tom stuck his hand through. I pushed it but it was no use. Tom shoved the door open, me alongside. I fell back on the cold tiled floor. He stepped into the washroom.

"Where's your man now Katie." He asked. I crawled backward till my back hit the wall. Dread filled me.

"Please, Tom! Don't do this!" I begged looking at the knife in his hand. "I'm leaving. That's what you want right? I'll leave! Please,"

He leaned down, bringing his face inches away from mine. "It's amazing how the wild lion suddenly turns into a begging kitten when in danger." He remarked. I shivered at his words. He suddenly grabbed my hair and yanked me to my feet. I cried out in pain. He shoved me in front of the sink, shoving my face against the surface of the mirror. I heaved my breaths out and pain shot through the side of my face. "I want you to look at yourself when I do this to you, Kat! I want you to know why your being punished. You understand me?!" When I didn't reply he shoved me again. "Do you understand me?!"
I nodded. Holding me against the sink, I felt my top being lifted up at the back. I tried to protest but I suddenly felt the cold hilt of metal against my skin and froze instantly. My breathing stopped. "I want you to remember what you are! Your nothing but a cheap whore! Know it!"

I suddenly felt the cold metal slice into my back. The room spun as pain struck me. I screamed out but couldn't move under his grip. He turned the knife in my flesh in this way and that. I cried out repeatedly and than my vision darkened. My legs gave out as my body began to shut down to stop the pain. Somewhere in the distance I heard shouting. But my body went limb and I felt myself go.