Chapter 3 {A Year and a Half Ago}

Max has had a big crush on Mikayla Vargas ever since they napped together in kindergarten and she accidentally saw his penis. To this day, he still calls Mikayla his "first time." The only thing, Mikayla is crazy popular now and she doesn't even know Max exists.

During the party, Max walked up to her, smiling as she was eating the pasta with the orange sauce he made. "I hope you like it," he said smiling a little too wide.

Mikayla nodded, looking at him. "Yeah... it's good," she said and kept eating.

Max smiled and exhaled, relieved. "Good... Listen I was hoping if you weren't doing anything-"

"Hey, babe," a blonde guy said walking up to Mikayla. He kissed her cheek and looked at Max. "Your the dude the party's for, right?" It was Logan Greene. High school football star, soon to be college football star.

Max eyed his muscles and nodded. "Yeah, and I was just leaving. Have fun you guys!" he forced a smile and left.

Kendall sighed, seeing the whole thing happen in front of him. "Max..." he said as Max passed him.

"Leave me alone!" Max said over dramatically and ran into the house. Kendall sighed as he followed him to his room. Max shut the door just as Kendall was about to reach it. Kendall tried to open the door, but Max had locked it. Kendall sighed leaning on the door and watched as Sam walked up to him.

"On that soap opera note, I think I'm going to leave," Sam said turning around.

Kendall quickly stood straight. "One more hour?" he asked, desperate.

Sam forced a smile and shook her head. She walked down the stairs and left. Kendall groaned as he turned around and tried to persuade Max to come out.

Before Sam left, she decided to take advantage of the free food. She started stuffing her pockets with it until a voice interrupted her.

"You know, that's how girls get fat."

Sam turned around. She rolled her eyes when she saw Nathan. "Thanks for the heads up, Dr. Davis."

Nathan laughed as he looked down. At that moment, Andraya walked up to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Hey Nathan! Who's your friend?" she asked, looking at Sam.

Sam smiled, shaking her head. She looked a Nathan. "No. We're not friends," she stated and left.

With this sting, Nathan looked down. He remembered what it was like sophomore year.

///1 year and a half ago///

Sam laughed as Nathan burped the ABC's. Krista hit him with a pillow, trying to make him stop, even though it was making her laugh. Kendall then gripped Krista's waist which caused her to giggle loudly while Sam and Nathan started loading their water guns. Krista turned to face Kendall and played with his hair. A kiss was shared between the two. They were sprayed by Sam and Nathan with their water guns. Laughter filled the air as Sam and Nathan high-fived each other.

~

Andraya snapped Nathan out of his flash back. "I thought I wouldn't get to see you again," she smiled, hugging him.

Nathan nodded as he sat down, leaning his crutches on the table next to him. "What's up?" he asked casually. "Have you been planning your first day at Yale yet?"

Andraya gave him a look. "Right..." Nathan laughed. "I should've known, you already had that day planned since you were 13."

Andraya giggled looking down. Then something strange happened, her usual bright face she got when she talked about Yale suddenly dimmed. Nathan became confused. "What's wrong?" he asked sincerely.

Andraya looked up at him as she bit her lip. "I didn't get into Yale."

{Photo: Sam}