Chapter 24 {Relationships}

"So," Bella smiled as she painted Krista's toes a crimson red. "Are you doing anything extra special for you birthday?"

Krista shrugged. "I don't know. Kendall just told me not to make any plans."

Bella smiled wide and squealed. Their conversation was interrupted by a knock at the door. Krista got up and waddled to the door, trying not to ruin her toes. Krista smiled at Bella and then turned around and opened the door. "Lily?" Krista questioned as she looked at the puffy-eyed girl in front of her.

Lily sniffled. "Can I stay with you tonight?"

Krista immediately nodded, not even questioning what happened. She pulled Lily into a hug as she silently cried on her shoulder.

---

Alexa was relieved when she saw Max. She quickly ran into his arms, even tough he wasn't hugging her back. "Baby! Look at what that terrible girl did to me!"

"Did you use me?" Max's voice quivered.

Alexa let go of him and looked up at him. "What?"

"Did you use me to get ahead in the sorority?" he angrily yelled at her.

Alexa looked away. Some people were starring at them. "Max, can we not talk about this now?"

Max laughed bitterly. "Fine. Have fun fucking Diego or Chris or whatever else that moves!" he yelled at her and stormed out of the party.

Alexa sighed and closed her eyes out of regret. She wrapped the towel tightly around her. Her ambition was too great. Lily was right to dump the water on her. But she couldn't admit that to anyone else. She opened her eyes and lifted her head high. She went to the bathroom to dry herself off. She was in the sorority now, and that's all that mattered.

---

Lily shook her head. "I just can't go back to them."

Krista sighed. "Well how about you stay with me and Bella and only go there for your classes."

Bella smiled wide and nodded. "We'll even pick you up and drop you off so you they can see your awesome new friends."

Lily smiled wide and nodded. "I'd like that," she giggled.

///The Next Day///

Krista smiled wide as she walked up to Kendall. Kendall immediately hugged her and kissed her. "Happy birthday, baby," he smiled.

Krista smiled and bit her lip. "Thank you."

Kendall moved aside so that she saw Nathan, Andraya, Sam, and Zander sitting there. "I got the cooking class to make you a whole birthday breakfast." he smiled wide.

Bella clapped and sat down. Kendall smiled at Lily. "Who's you friend?"

Lily politely smiled. "Hi, I'm Lily. I go to Redcliffe."

Zander smiled as he put on his sunglasses. Sam noticed this action and squeezed his hand. "Tired babe?" 

He only nodded in response. He kissed her hand and they continued listening to the conversation.

"Yeah, and I was hoping you could do us a favor." Krista bit her lip, afraid if what she was asking was too much.

But Kendall wasn't one to let her down. "Sure, anything."

Krista nodded, she knew that Kendall would do anything for her. "You're pretty close with the school's faculty, right?"

"Damn right he is." Sam smirked, laughing at the fact that they were the school faculty. Zander hit her arm to make her shut up so that Krista wouldn't get suspicious.