Chapter 22 {The Cheater}

Within a month, Max befriended Burkley and Louis. Alexa was proud of him, she understood why he couldn't do the same with Diego and Chris. Alexa herself could not muster up the courage to befriend Lily, Alison, and Mickayla. She had what she wanted, anyway. She was in the top sorority at Redcliffe and she had a boyfriend in the top fraternity.

Kendall and Krista became North Sharpe's 'it couple." It didn't take long, they were just so likeable. Sam envied them. Krista had Kendall again and she still couldn't forgive her. David forbid her from being friends with any of the guys, especially Kendall. She hated him for it, but he sucked her back into his trap again consisting of sex and drugs, even if she didn't want to partake in either of them.

Andraya became close friends with Krista and Bella. Sam felt abandoned but she knew it was because Andraya didn't want to be around David. They were never good friends in the first place.

Nathan had Noesha. She was good to him, but they didn't have any mutual friends. Its hard on a relationship, but they made it work.

 ---

Kendall sighed as he walked up to Sam's door. He was so sick of her avoiding him and giving nasty looks to Krista. He banged on the door. "Sam! Sam I want to talk to you!"

Without an answer, Kendall sighed and took out his master key and opened the door. His eyes widened as he saw David taking off Loreen's shirt. "You fucking asshole!" he screamed and tackled David to the ground. "Why did you cheat on her again!? Huh?!" he yelled as he shook David.

David smiled as he held up his hands innocently. "For the record, my penis wasn't inside of her yet so you can't say I cheated on her."

Kendall turned to Loreen who had put her shirt back on. Without a word, the girl ran out of the room.

Kendall looked down at David. "I wouldn't be surprised if Sam cuts off your balls and feeds them to you," he snarled before leaving.

~~~

That night, David didn't even bother waiting for Kendall to tell Sam. He packed up his stuff and told Sam he was leaving. She followed him to the parking lot, crying.

"Look, Sam," he said as he grabbed his helmet. "We had fun for a while, but I really only needed a place to stay. Now that our drummer got a new place, I'm going to start crashing there. I'll come back for you once you finish school, though and we'll get married like we planned."

Sam shook her head. "No! I don't want you to keep on breaking my heart over and over again. Once you leave on that shitty motorcycle I never want to see you again."

David sighed as he grabbed Sam's face a kissed her harshly. "See you soon, baby," he winked.

"David! David!" Sam screamed at the top of her lungs as he drove away. She wasn't finished with him yet. She didn't get a chance to cut off his balls and feed them to him.

Sam screamed at the sky before running back into North Sharpe, slamming the door behind her.

---

Zander smiled as he walked up to Kendall. "Hey Kendall. Why so glum?"

Kendall sighed and looked at Zander. "David cheated on Sam. They broke up just a few hours ago. I can't find her."

Zander patted Kendall's back. "I'll find her. I promise Sam will be all right."

Kendall smiled. "Thanks, man," he called as Zander left. Kendall smiled wide as he watched Zander walk away. "Love accepts the flaws and doesn't care." he quoted.

Krista sat next to Kendall and narrowed her eyes at him. "Who are you talking to, babe?"

Kendall turned to his girlfriend and pecked her lips. "No one. I just realized-" his smiled grew. "Never mind," he said as he put an arm around her.

Krista was too tired to ask questions and Kendall usually didn't act this weird, so she shrugged it off for the night.

---

That night, Sam sat on the front steps of North Sharpe, watching the sun set.

Zander stood behind her, staring at her. "Hey..."

Sam quickly turned her head and looked at him. She smiled slightly. "Hey."

Zander walked up and sat down on the steps next to her. "Kendall told me why you and David broke up."

"Yeah, just using me for a place to say doesn't exactly say good boyfriend material," she joked.

Zander narrowed his eyes in confusion. "I thought you and David broke up because he was cheating on you?"

Sam looked at him, surprised. She forced a smile and nodded. "That, too," she said and turned around while she covered her mouth with her hand, trying not to cry.

Zander noticed and hugged her. "Hey, it's okay. You don't need that jerk in your life."

"Jerk?" Sam laughed. "Come on, you can do better. How about mother-fucking-demon-seed-who-destroys-people-to-get-what-he-wants."

Zander laughed. "That, too."

Sam sighed as she rested her head on his shoulder. "Why can't I find a guy like you, Zander?" Zander's eyes immediately widened at this comment. "I mean someone smart, sweet, caring and-" she quickly lifted her head up and looked at him. "not completely ugly." she sighed and put her head back on his shoulder.

Zander adjusted his glasses. "Well... maybe you're just looking in the wrong places."

Sam lifted her head and narrowed her eyes at him. "Where should I look?"

Zander looked into her eyes. "Right in front of you." he said quietly. Sam looked at him, shocked. Zander began leaning in. Sam surprisingly didn't pull away. In fact, when their lips touched, she pulled him closer to her. Zander was what she needed.