Chapter 10 {Arriving at College}

Kendall looked through the list. "Okay so to make it look good for the parents, me and Nathan will be roommates. Sam and Andraya will be roommates. Zander-"

"Hold up! Woah, woah, woah. I am not rooming with her!" Sam yelled, sitting up.

"God, why do you have to be such a brat?" Zander muttered, looking down.

Sam glared at him. "Excuse me?"

Andraya nodded. "No, Zander. I completely agree with Sam. I'll just get one of my students to act as my roommate."

Kendall pointed his pen at Andraya. "But Sam knows the whole plan. And she's a good actress. Whenever she steals something from the gas station she can sweet talk her way out of it."

Andraya crossed her arms and looked at Sam. "Well she better be because if my parents know how she really acts, they'll want to talk to the administrative office to get me a new roommate. But we don't have an administrative office, now do we?" she said, turning to Kendall.

"It's okay. Sam can do it I know she can," Nathan nodded.

"Aww, thanks Natie," Sam cooed her old nick name for him. She kissed his cheek and smirked at Andraya. Nathan's eyes widened slightly at the fact that Sam had just kissed his cheek. Zander looked down and rolled his eyes.

Andraya slightly glared at Sam and crossed her arms. "Fine. Whatever."

"Great!" Kendall exclaimed. "You guys this is really going to work! Now," he said, grabbing his car keys. "I'm going to go get us a dean."

---

"You want me to become the dean of your college?" Max's uncle, Lewis, asked, looking at them confused.

"Well, fake dean, yeah. How about we pay you?" Kendall smiled.

"Yeah, right, like I would ever do that," he laughed, eating more of his lunch.

"There you are!" Lewis' boss yelled, walking up to them. "You have vandalized our store for the third time!"

"What are you talking about vandalizing?!" Lewis snapped back at her.

"You wrote 'Lewis rules and you all suck cock' right over the employee of the month picture!" she yelled.

Kendall and Max looked at him, raising their eyebrows. Lewis shrugged. "The employee of the month is an asshole."

"The employee of the month is me!" the boss screamed. "You're fired!" she said proudly and walked away.

"So about this whole dean thing-" Kendall quickly said.

Lewis looked in between the two of them. "Okay, I'll do it."

Kendall smiled, nodding while Max shook his head in disappointment. As Kendall looked up, he noticed something. Krista. He quickly got up and walked over to her.

"Getting a new one?" Kendall asked, looking at her.

Krista looked up from the bracelet she was looking at. She sighed. "Leave me alone, Kendall," she said, putting the bracelet down and walking away.

Kendall followed her. "Look, I know things didn't work out between us and I accept that," he quickly walked in front of her. Krista stopped walking, crossing her arms. "I just don't want this bitterness between us anymore. Please, can we just try to get along?"

Krista sighed. "We'll see," she said, looking up at him.

"Krista!" Lily called to her.

Krista quickly unfolded her arms. "Coming!" she yelled. She turned to Kendall. "Bye," she smiled a little and left. Kendall sighed happily as he watched her leave. His smile quickly faded as he saw Chris and three other guys walk up to Krista and her friends. He sighed, taking one last look and left.

---

"Kendall!" Andraya said, quickly walking up to him. "We have a problem!"

Kendall's eyes widened a little. "What? What is it?"

"None of my second language students showed up! I must've told them the wrong date or something!" she explained, her eyes wide in fear.

"Or maybe you're just not too good at teaching them English!" Sam glared at her. 

Kendall sighed and pulled his hair. He quickly turned to Sam and Zander. "You guys, go to the mall pick up anybody you can!" Sam and Zander nodded and ran downstairs. "I'm going to go stall my parents," Kendall looked and Nathan and Andraya. "I think you two should do the same."

Kendall, Andraya and Nathan quickly ran down the stairs to get to their cars. Kendall freaked out when he just saw Sam and Zander standing there. They were looking out the door which was ajar so the group couldn't see what Sam and Zander could see. "What are you guys doing?! Go! Go! Go!" Kendall yelled at them.

"Um, I don't think we need to pick up people at the mall," Sam said, not moving as if she was in shock.

Kendall grew confused as he walked up and looked through the creek. Outside stood hundreds of people, all with boxes and suitcases in their grasp. "Holy shit," Kendall whispered as Andraya and Nathan quickly looked out to see, too. "Stay here," Kendall ordered as he walked out and shut the door behind him.

Immediately, a guy about Kendall's age ran up to him. He had short dark hair and big brown eyes filled with energy. "Hi!" he said, smiling. "My name's Anthony Nathaniel Harrison Jr."

"And how can I help you?" Kendall asked, still in shock.

"Well I am looking for North Sharpe Institute of Technology mainly because it's the only place I got accepted to. Man was my mom proud when the letter said accepted!" Anthony smiled wide.

Kendall narrowed his eyes at him. "I'm sorry, but did you just say you got accepted here?"

Anthony nodded. "Yeah, we all did!" he said, motioning to the crowd. Anthony opened the door, revealing Sam, Nathan, Andraya and Zander putting their ears up against the it. He smiled at them and introduced himself, shaking each one of their hands. Pretty soon, the whole crowd walked into the building. Kendall turned and looked at the group who all had worried faces. "You take care of this... while I go find Max," he said and quickly ran out.

---

"I can't believe you dragged me here! I was middle of rush!" Max yelled at him.

"Yeah, well you're going to want to see this," Kendall said, pulling into North Sharpe.

Max's eyes widened as he got out of the car. "Wha-?"

Kendall held up a finger as he looked at his caller I.D. "Shit! My parents! Go inside and find Sam."

Max nodded then ran up the stairs, he looked back nervously at all the people, but only one truly caught his eyes.

Bella sighed as she adjusted her bag's strap on her shoulder. She waved as her dad drove off. She looked around at all the weird people and then looked up at the doors. Before she began walking, she noticed someone was staring at her. She walked up to him and smiled. "Hi, can you tell me where to go for orientation?"

Max stuttered seeing her up close. "Um, I don't know, I-I just got here."

"Oh," Bella said. "I'm sorry, it's just your suit... it made me think you work here," she said pointing to it.

Max looked down at it. He was wearing it for rush back at Redcliffe. "Right, sorry. It was a big day today."

Bella nodded, crossing her arms. "Yeah, arriving at college is a pretty big day. "

Max looked up. "Wait, do you think I go here?"

Bella narrowed her eyes at him. "You do, don't you?"

Max quickly nodded. "Yeah, I do," Max didn't understand why he would tell this girl yes. It just seemed like the only way she would still talk to him. "Do you want to go find orientation?"

Bella smiled and nodded. "Yeah, sure," she agreed. Max smiled wide and led her into the building.

{Photo: Anthony}