Chapter 4 {Is Krista A Ghost?}

Nathan's eyes widened in shock. "That's impossible!"

Andraya smiled as she shrugged. "Appearently it's pretty possible," she said as she looked down. She felt her face turn red once she realized she was about to cry infront of the school's best hockey player, of course, the main cause of his popularity.

Nathan leaned foward once he realized she was crying. "Hey, hey, hey... it's okay. Everything will be okay. You don't need Yale," he said as he put a finger under her chin and raised her head so she would look at him. He wiped away her tears with his thumb and gave her a comforting smile. "You are Andraya Hastings. The smartest girl in our high school. The difference between you and Yale is that Yale isn't smart... because they didn't accept you."

As Andraya looked into Nathan's eyes, she couldn't help but smile at his kind words. She realized she was no longer just crushing on him... she was in love wih him.

---

Kendall smiled as he walked up to his mailbox. He quickly opened it and found the letter from State University. But just like all the others, it was a rejection letter. He gritted his teeth as he crumpled it up and walked inside.

~

Catherine raised her eye brows as she read the now crumpled letter. "Wow... mom and dad are going to kill you!"

Kendall shook his head. "I can figure my way out of this," he said and Catherine gave him a skeptical look. "I will!" he defended himself. "Just watch..."

---

Lily Montgomery smiled as Diego pecked her lips. Meanwhile Jared was giving Alison a foot massage and Mikayla was putting hair gel in Logan's hair. As Chris walked in, he smiled looking down at all of them who were on the couch. "Guys I think you can finally meet my girlfriend."

"Great!" Lily perked up. "For the longest time we didn't know whether or not she existed."

Jared sighed. "She exists! I went to high school with them."

"Right! Thanks, Jared," Chris smiled. He turned around. "Krista!" he called.

Krista walked in, nervously playing with her fingers. All these people in this room were a year older than her. She expected them to treat her like a baby. Chris' arm wrapping tightly around her made her feel a little better.

"Guys, this is Krista," Chris said, smiling.

"Woah!" Alison said giggling. "You're not ugly!"

"You have to excuse Alison, she's not the sharpest tool in the shed," Lily said, standing up. She held out her hand. "I'm Lily."

Krista smiled as she shook her hand. Alison then stood up and handed Lily some money. Krista became confused. "What's that for?"

Alison pouted. "I made a bet with Lily that you were a ghost."

Lily smirked as she leaned down and whispered in Krista's ear. "Your first lesson, always make bets with Alison."

Krista smiled and laughed with Lily as Chris raised his eyebrows, smiling at the guys.

---

Kendall sighed as he thought about telling his parents. He picked up the letters from the colleges in hopes that maybe he misread one. Despair filled him when he realized all the colleges he applied to said the same thing: rejected. He sat back and let his mind wander. He thought about a college that would accept him. A college that finally realized his potential. A college that never had a doubt in their mind that Kendall wasn't right for them. He loved his dream college. And as he opened his eyes and looked at the fake I.D. and the rejection letters, he realized his dream college could come true.

{Photo: Krista}