Chapter 14 {Any Class You Want}

Kendall rolled out the brand new white board he bought. He turned to Sam, Andraya, Nathan, and Zander who were all standing there. "You guys, this is going to be our new curriculum," Kendall smiled wide.

"What?" Sam asked, confused.

Kendall handed each of them an Expo marker and motioned to the board. "Any thing you want to learn, any class your heart desires to take- please, don't be shy to write it up on the board."

Zander was the first to walk up. Unlike the others, he understood what Kendall was saying. He wrote down the title of the class and his name under it. He then walked back and handed the Expo marker to Kendall. Kendall smiled. "Ladies and gentleman, our first official class is World Cultures thanks to a Mr. Zander Evans."

Sam turned to Kendall. "Anything at all?" she raised her eyebrows.

Kendall smiled at her. "Anything at all."

Sam immediately smiled and ran up to the board. When she walked back, Nathan laughed. "I should of known! That's your dream class. Graffiti 101."

Sam smiled proudly. Andraya then hesitantly walked up to the board. She blushed when she walked back. Nathan turned and looked at her. "I didn't know you had an interest in music."

Andraya looked down and nodded as she played with the rings on her fingers. Nathan snapped out of it and then walked up to the board. Kendall smiled at Nathan when he walked back. "Photography, huh?"

Nathan smiled. "Yeah, I guess Krista made it seem pretty awesome."

Kendall nodded. "Yeah, she was my inspiration, too."

"Ugh!" Sam threw her head back in annoyance at the mention of Krista. "Are we done yet?"

"Not exactly." Kendall smirked.

---

Krista smiled wide as she walked into the sorority house. She was going to tell Chris that she wanted to be a photographer again. Instead, she caught him and Alexa on the couch, second base. Krista was heartbroken. She had given up everything to be with Chris. Her friends, her post high school plans, Kendall...

"You fucking jerk!" she yelled and Alexa and Chris pulled away.

Chris immediatly stood up. "Krista!"

Krista turned to Alexa. "I thought you were my friend."

"I-I didn't know," Alexa cried as she started putting her shirt back on.

Chris tried to approach Krista but she pushed him away. "We're done," she stated angrily and then stormed out of the house.

---

Lily smiled as she saw Krista on a bench. She sat next to her. "Alexa is officially a pledge. Isn't that good?"

Krista rolled her eyes as she rested her chin on her hand. "Yes, just dandy."

Lily grew confused. "What's the matter?"

Krista sighed. "I walked in on her and Chris."

Lily's eyes widened. "That slut!"

"I know!" Krista exclaimed. "I should have listened to you. I'm so sorry."

Lily put a hand on Krista's back. "It's okay. Everything will be okay."

---

Max smiled wide as he ran into North Sharpe. He eagerly searched around for Kendall to tell him about the goddess he met just a few hours ago. Instead of finding Kendall, Bella grabbed his arm.

"Max! You missed it! It's amazing!" she smiled wide.

As Max looked down at Bella, he suddenly remembered his feelings for her. "W-What's so amazing?" he stuttered.

"They let you chose your own classes! Any class you want! Isn't that so cool?" Bella giggled.

Max smiled at her giggle. "Well that's great. So what did you sign up for? Math, history?"

Bella laughed. "Silly, no one wants to take those classes. I signed up for Drama!" she smiled.

Max's eyes slightly widened. "Oh, well that's good. Just excuse me for a second?"

Bella nodded. "Sure."

Max gave her one last smile and then started power walking down the hall to find Kendall.

---

Max sighed as he entered Kendall's room. Kendall, Andraya and Nathan were all sitting there, talking. "Kendall, I need to talk to you!" he yelled.

Kendall furrowed his eyebrows. "What is it Max?"

"Any class they want? Really?!" he said, annoyed.

Kendall sighed and walked up to Max. "Look, Max. It's in their best interests. They want this, they need their creativity."

"Kendall, you're setting them up for failure! This is not how it's going to be in the real world!" Max argued with sad eyes.

"So what you want us to be more like Redcliffe?!" Kendall yelled back.

Max laughed bitterly. "That's the whole point!"

"Yeah, well not in my college," Kendall said, lowering his tone. "And if you don't like it here, why don't you just run back to your perfect prep school."

Max shook his head, looking at Kendall in disbelief. "Fine. I will."

With that, Max stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

"So, is the job of your best guy friend open again?" Nathan smiled.

Kendall walked up to Nathan and hit him in the shoulder. Nathan winced and held his shoulder. "Okay, okay. Take your time."

---

"He's not going to tell on us, will he?" Sam asked after Kendall told her the news of Max.

Kendall shook his head. "No, he wouldn't do that."

Sam sighed. "Fine."

"You know what? Who needs him! North Sharpe had a break through today. Why not celebrate?" Kendall smiled.

Sam smirked. "Now you're talking."

{Photo: Chris}