Chapter 4

Chapter 4

                Harry and his nerd friends came over. I didn’t bother looking decent. I had on what I wore to school: ripped jeans, graphic tee, and jean jacket. I let them in and they all crowded around the dining room table. My mum wasn’t home yet, and it was past 6.

                “So, Brianna,” Harry said, taking out a notebook, the math textbook, and some pencils. “These are my friends.” I looked over at them. They all weren’t nerdy looking, but they weren’t the hottest guys either. “The blonde one is Niall, the one setting up the chess pieces is Liam, the other brown haired one is Louis, and the one with the black hair is Zayn.” I nodded. They were setting up a chess game on my living room floor.

                “Harry!” the blonde one, Niall, said. He looked the least nerdy out of all of them. “Can I help you teach?” Niall stood up.

                “If you want.” Harry fixed his glasses…again. Couldn’t he get glasses that weren’t always falling off his face?

                “What are we doing?” I asked, blowing a bubble. Harry and Niall stared at me.

                “Um…Brianna?” Harry said, looking uncomfortable. “There’s…um…no gum chewing while doing homework…” He slightly smiled at me. I grimaced back. I got up and spit my gum into the garbage.

                “Happy?” I asked, sitting back down. I heard the front door open. When my mum came in and saw the whole chess team sitting on our living room carpet, she gawked.

                “Brianna?” she asked. “Can I speak with you for a moment?” I groaned and stood up. I followed her to the kitchen. “Why is my living room filled with a bunch of 18 year old boys?”

                “Harry was coming over to tutor me, but could only come if the chess team could come. So I told them they could.” I looked at her innocently.

                “Okay, then that’s fine. Why aren’t you dressed like how you were last night?”

                “I don’t know.” I shrugged. “I didn’t like how I looked last night.”

                “You don’t like him, do you?”

                “No, not really…like, he’s a nice person, but he’s not my type. He’s too nerdy.” I went back to the dining room.

                “Ready to start?” Harry asked as I sat down. I noticed Niall had joined the three others in the living room.

                “Yea, whatever.” I grabbed the pencil and a sheet of paper.

                “You have a disgusting attitude,” Harry said. That came out of nowhere.

                “I don’t care.” I started solving the equation he had written on my paper.

                “You seemed all happy last night. Today at school you were acting like a jerk.” He was staring intently at me.

                “I didn’t know a nerd like you had the courage to call people jerks.” I stared at the equation on the paper.

                “Nerd…I get called that everyday…” He looked over at his buddies. They were staring at the chess board. I knew they were listening to us.

                “You know, maybe you should go.” I pushed my chair away from the table and opened the front door. “Don’t talk to me again.” He gathered his things. His friends picked up the chess board. They all scurried out the door. A part of me was ashamed, but the other was glad I wouldn’t have anything to do with Harry again.