Chapter 18

Chapter 18

                “Brianna Claire Hudson!” my mum said when she walked in the door. Shit. She was pissed already. Sitting on the floor with no shirt on while snogging some boy did not meet up to her standards.

                “Mum,” I started saying, “this isn’t what it looks like.”

                “But it is what it looks like.” She opened the closet door and hung up her coat and put away her shoes. I never did that. All my stuff is piled in the corner outside of the closet. “I knew leaving you home alone was not a good idea.”

                “But—“

                “No buts. Who is this boy anyway?” She was speaking as though Harry wasn’t even there. I looked at him and a wave of guilt spread across his face.

                “Mum,” I said again, “let me explain.” Please, I begged silently. Please understand why I am in this state.

                “I don’t think there is much explaining to do.” She crossed the room over to the kitchen.

                “But there is!” I stayed in the same position on the floor. I didn’t want to move because I didn’t want Harry to feel awkward sitting alone.

                “There is,” Harry mumbled. What happened to the Harry I knew a few minutes ago? I don’t want mumbling, shy Harry; I want brave, tough Harry to tell my mother exactly what happened and why he is here kissing me when he should be home studying on a Friday night. (The old Harry would do that. I don’t know about the new one).

                “I doubt it. Now tell me, what is your name?” She was in for a total shocker…

                “You don’t remember me?” Harry asked. “I’m Harry.”

                “Harry…Styles?” She looked appalled.

                “Yes, ma’am.”

                “But…you look so different…and—“ She noticed the bag, eyeing it suspiciously. “What’s that?”

                “What’s what?”  I tried to act all innocent, but that didn’t exactly work.

                “You know what’s what.” She crossed her arms. “Why is that bag here?”

                “It’s Sam’s…”

                “Sam’s here?” She looked around.

                “No, mum. He was here.”

                “I wish I would’ve gotten home sooner so I could’ve said hi.”

                “I wish you would’ve gotten home sooner so you could’ve stopped him.” I could feel the awkwardness floating in the air. It was an unsettling feeling.

                “Stopped him?”

                “Yes, mum. He broke into our house and tried to force me to—to—“ My words were swallowed by my tears. Even though it had just happened, I felt really emotional thinking about it. I leaned into Harry, who obviously had no idea as to how to comfort a girl.

                “Force you to do what? Brianna, why are you crying?”

                “He…tried…to….force…me…to…have…sex…with…him,” I said in between gasps.

                “What?!” I opened my eyes. Everything was blurry from the tears, but she looked pissed. “Why is Harry here, then?” She deeply sighed.

                “I—I called him an—and he came t—to help me.” I wiped my eyes with the palm of my hand.

                “It didn’t look like he was helping you in any way.”

                “He was!” My voice was scratchy from my crying.

                “Then let Harry tell me that.” She folded her arms waiting for a response. She completely forgot about the bag, which I guess was good, but I would eventually have to tell her dad’s ashes were no longer inside the urn.

                “I came to help her, Ms. Hudson,” Harry said calmly. “She didn’t say anything into the phone, but I knew she needed help. I could hear what Sam was saying. I came and got him out of the house.”

                “I see…” my mum said. “Then why were you kissing my daughter?” I felt my cheeks turn pink and Harry rubbed the back of his neck.

                “Um…because…I don’t know…” Okay, what? He didn’t have the guts to tell my mum he likes me? Shy, nerdy Harry is slowly coming back, and as much as I feel like I conquered the task of changing him back, I want the new Harry to stay.

                But how exactly did I change him back? Nerdy Harry wouldn’t have come to my rescue, the new Harry would. But new Harry would tell my mum he likes me; nerdy Harry would be too scared. Maybe he always has been his old self and was just putting on a façade. Yea…that’s it…I think.

*Dedicated to @Moriah_6654 because she gave me a song suggestion that goes along with this story. I will be dedicating the next chapters to those who gave me suggestions :) so comment a song that goes along with the story if you want a dedication :)*