Chapter 9

Chapter 9

                After class, all the girls dashed out of the room to follow him. I had no idea who he was, but he sat in Harry’s seat. I didn’t mind, though. He was way better looking than Harry could ever be.

                I picked my backup up off the floor and started walking to PE. Maybe that new kid would be in my PE class. I wouldn’t mind that one bit. It would give me a chance to get to know him a bit more than the other girls.

                “Oh gosh! I’m so sorry!” I said. I had run into someone. I guess that’s what happens when you start daydreaming about boys who are way out of your league. I looked up and it was him.

                “No, I’m sorry,” he said coolly. We stood still for a minute just looking at each other. He was even better looking from the front.

                “So what’s your name?” I said, snapping back into reality. The bell had rung and the halls were instantly deserted.

                “Uh…” he rubbed the back of his neck. I knew someone else who scratched their neck, but that was irrelevant right now. This boy was seducing me by just standing there. “Harry.” He smiled. Harry? His name was Harry?

                “I know a Harry,” I said. “He used to tutor me.” I twirled my hair. I had to remember to go to the salon one day or else I wouldn’t be able to see anything. My bangs were getting too damn long.

                “Yea, I know.” He looked at the ground. “So what’s your name?”

                “Brianna.” I bit my lip. I started walking to the gym. He followed. He looked so familiar, yet I couldn’t think of who he looked like.

                We walked towards the gym in silence. Harry kept his hands in his pockets and his focus on the floor. I kept my gaze straight ahead.

                “Are you single?” I blurted out. I clamped my hand to my mouth trying to shove the words back in. He raised his eyebrows.

                “Um…” he cleared his throat. “Yes, I am.” He scratched the back of his neck again. Oh my gosh. It all makes sense now. This boy, Harry, sat in Harry’s seat in math, he knew Harry tutored me, and he had a habit of scratching his neck. How was I so blind that I couldn’t see I was crushing on the new and improved, totally hot Harry Styles?

                “Er…I need to go.” I opened the door to the gym and left Harry standing there, probably just as confused as I was.

                “Mum!” I shouted when I got home. I walked into the dining room to see her and Liam chatting. I stopped dead in my tracks. I couldn’t tell her I wanted Harry as my tutor again when Liam was there. We had kissed, after all.

                “Yes, Brianna?” She must’ve seen the expression on my face because she quickly said, “Oh, Liam and I were just setting up dates and times he could come over to help you.” She smiled.

                “You couldn’t have talked over the phone?” I walked out of the room. I took off my shoes and placed my backpack in the corner where it always stays. I stalked upstairs to my room. I pulled my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans. There were multiple texts from Sam. Surprise, surprise.

--You goin’ to the Fall Formal?—

                Huh? He knows I only go to Homecoming.

--Wasn’t planning on it. Why?—

--I don’t know. I sort of wanted to go, but I don’t have a date.—

                Was he asking me to the dance?

--C’mon, it’s not like you don’t have girls throwing themselves at you.—

--Psh. Not since that new kid showed up.—

                So nobody had figured out “that new kid” was Harry yet. Was I the only one? I’d find that pretty ironic if I was since I’m the dumbest girl in school.

--Yea, he’s pretty hot.—

                Wow, Bri, I thought to myself. You only like Harry now because he cleaned up a bit? That’s shallow.

                There was no reply from Sam after that so I put my phone on the nightstand. I needed to figure this whole Harry thing out.