Chapter 8

Chapter 8

                I was snogging Liam. I had no idea how that happened. He was just showing me how to do a math problem when all of a sudden we were staring into each other’s eyes.  He leaned in and kissed me. At first I was disgusted, but he turned out to be such a good kisser.

                “Liam,” I said, gently pushing him away. I could feel the awkwardness in the air.

                “Oh…um…I’m sorry,” he said, staring at the textbook. “You know, Harry is really hurt by what you said.” What?

                “He is?” I couldn’t think straight. Not after that kiss. I hope no one at school finds out…I would be made fun of for the rest of my senior year.

                “Yea. He’s always getting picked on by the “cool” people. He thought when he first started tutoring you that you could actually be his friend.” How was he not fazed by that kiss?

                “H-He did?” Me being Harry’s friend? That would certainly be interesting.

                “Yea, and I’m so sorry I kissed you. Please don’t tell Harry.” He started gathering up his things. He wasn’t even at my house for an hour.

                “Trust me; I don’t even talk to him. And stop apologizing for that kiss. It was actually…nice.” What the hell was I saying? And why couldn’t I tell Harry? I stood up and walked over to the front door. Liam had put his jacket on.

                “Well, Brianna, I’ll see you tomorrow.” He did a quick wave and was out the door. I turned the lock and went upstairs. I plopped down on my bed.

                “Brianna!” my mum said, rushing into my room. “How’d it go?” She stood in front of my bed grinning.

                “Um…fine.” I reached for my phone. Sam had texted…again.

                “I called Harry, but he refused to come, saying he had other things to do, but luckily that boy, Liam, was at his house. So Liam offered to come tutor you.”

                “Oh.” I unlocked my phone and read Sam’s text:

--Are we friends?—

--lol I don’t know—

--I think we’re friends—

--then we’re friends—

                I placed my phone back on the nightstand.  My mum was still standing in front of me.

                “Yes?” I said, prompting her to leave. She sighed.

                “I just wish you wouldn’t have been so rude to Harry. He’s a nice boy.”

                “Mum, he’s a nerd.” I was laying on my back staring at my ceiling. My hands were folded across my stomach.

                “Would you quit it with the “nerd” business? I don’t like it.”

                “Sorry,” I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

                “I’m surprised you didn’t think that about Liam.”

                “I did, and I still do think he’s a nerd. I just didn’t say it out loud.”

                “I don’t know what I’m going to do with you, Bri.” She exited my room. “And apologize to Harry!” she yelled from the hallway.

                I walked in to math class before the bell rang. Mr. Welles looked at me, shock clearly written on his face. I pretended I didn’t see and walked over to my seat. Harry wasn’t there. I shrugged and set my backpack on the ground. The bell rang. Everyone had out paper and pencils except me. Whatever.

                “Does anybody know where Har—“ Mr. Welles started to say, but was interrupted by one very hot boy. I couldn’t help but stare. He was wearing a short sleeve t-shirt and skinny jeans. His sunglasses were covering his eyes, which I'm sure were amazing. He had killer biceps and beautiful curly hair that was slightly pulled back. He was the most beautiful boy I had ever seen.

                “Sorry I’m late,” the boy said. He sounded so familiar. I just couldn’t remember who he sounded like.

                “Take a seat,” Mr. Welles said, writing something down on a slip of paper. I noticed all the girls staring at the new student. Too bad, I thought. I’m going to make him all mine.