Chapter 10

Chapter 10

                “Liam and I decided that it would be best if you went over to his house for tutor sessions,” my mum said over dinner.

                “His house?”

                “Yes, his house. I didn’t tell you this, but I actually found a job. So I won’t be home as much.” She continued eating. I just stared at her.

                “A job? What kind of job?” My mum had never had a job before as far as I know. I guess she had to, though, since my dad wasn’t around nor was he coming back around.

                “Just a regular office job. I will be working from 9am to 9pm. Twelve hours a day for five days a week.” Woah.

                “That’s a lot.”

                “You know…you could find a job. You will have to college soon, and don’t be expecting me to send you money every month for food.”

                “Who said I was going to college?” I probably wasn’t, since according to Mr. Noor no college would want to accept me.

                “I just assumed—“

                “Well it’s not happening. I’m not going to college.” The rest of the meal was finished in silence.

                I strolled over to Liam’s house at 6:30. It was just a block away, so why waste gas driving? I walked up the steps to his house. On the outside his home was breathtaking. It was small, but it looked so cozy. The bushes were neatly trimmed, there were no weeds poking through the cracks in the sidewalk, the grass was a luscious green; it was beautiful. I rang the doorbell. A short woman with blonde hair answered the door.

                “Hello!” she said, smiling. “You must be Brianna!” She stepped aside to let me in. I didn’t say anything; I’m not really a people person. I took my shoes off. Liam appeared from what looked like the kitchen.

                “Hi, Brianna,” he said. “I see you’ve met my mum.”

                “Yea,” I said. I smiled at his mum. She seemed like a sweet lady.

                “Well, I’ll leave you two to work,” his mum said and disappeared down the stairs. Liam led me towards the back of the house to his room. Oh.

                “We’re working in here?” I asked. I could feel my cheeks burning.

                “Yea, this is where I keep everything.” Liam went over to a desk in the corner of his room. I followed. He pulled out a chair and sat down. I looked around the room for another chair. I didn’t see one.

                “Um…” I said. I felt so awkward. “Is there another chair?” I looked nervously out the window. I hated being in guys’ bedrooms. It brought back so many unwanted memories from my last relationship.

                “Oh, yea, one second.” He left the room to grab a chair for me. I looked around. The walls were painted blue, there was a large bookcase against the wall next to the desk filled with books, and the bed was on the other side of the room next to a window. It was a decent sized room.

                “Here you go,” Liam said, placing a chair down next to me. I took a seat, scooting a bit closer to the desk so I could see. He was scribbling something down on a piece of paper.

                “Here.” He slid the piece of paper over to me. I looked at it:

Will you go out with me?

                What? I rubbed my eyes to make sure I was reading that correctly. I was.

                “Um…” I said. I chucked nervously. “I don’t think that’s a math problem.” I forced a smile.

                “I know,” he said. “Listen, Brianna, I really like you.” Oh gosh.

                “Woah, woah, wait.” I took a second to calm down. “I don’t think—“

                “Brianna, I know what you’re thinking. I don’t care what people think about us. All I care about is that we’re happy.”

                “But—“ He put his finger to my lips to shush me.

                “Just please promise me you won’t tell Harry.”