Chapter 15

Chapter 15

                “Harry? Why?” I was so confused. Why do Harry’s friends need my help with him? What does that even mean?

                “Turn him back into one of us,” Louis said.

                “I don’t think I can do that.”

                “Why not?” Niall asked. “You turned him into whatever he is now so you can change him back.”

                “Um, I did not change him into what he is now.”

                “Then who did?” Liam asked. “As far as we know, you were the meanest to him.”

                “I was?” Really? I didn’t know that. I thought everyone was rude to him.

                “Yea,” Zayn said. “He never said anything about it, but as his friends we observed everything and have come to the conclusion that you were by far the meanest.” This hit me hard. It was like a punch to the gut, but instead it was to my heart.

                “So…will you help?” Niall asked. They were all staring at me impatiently.

                “Fine,” I said without thinking. I knew it was going to be a challenge, because once a person changes, it’s hard to change them back.

                I met Liam by my locker at 8am the next morning. It was the earliest I had ever arrived to school, but our plan would only work if it was early.

                “There he is,” I whispered to Liam. “Are you ready?” I glanced over at Harry and a group of girls was talking to him. Perfect.

                “Ready as ever,” Liam said. He walked over to Harry with a stack of book in his hands. I stayed hidden behind my locker door, pretending to be busy.

                “Harry!” Liam called out to him. “I need your help!” The girls following Harry looked at Liam with disgust. Of course.

                “You need help?” was Harry’s response. Apparently it was rare that Liam ever needed his help. I knew we should’ve used Louis for this plan.

                “I sure do.” The girls giggled. Of course they all had that cute laugh every girl wants.

                “With what?” Harry was starting to look annoyed. Buy why?

                “Science. I have a ten page research paper due tomorrow and I haven’t even started. Could you take notes from this textbook and email them to me tonight so I can type up my report?” The only noise now was whispering coming from the girls. I wanted to slap them.

                “I don’t—“ Harry rubbed the back of his neck.

                “Great. Email me the notes by 6pm.” Liam dropped the books into Harry’s hands and walked back over to me.

                “How’d I do?” he asked. He was grinning.

                “Great.” I closed my locker. Liam and I said goodbye and headed in separate directions towards our classes. Harry was in front of me, so I walked slowly on purpose to avoid catching up with him. I’m glad I stayed behind him, though, because if I didn’t I wouldn’t have seen him throw the stack of books Liam gave him into the trash can.

                “What the fuck?!” I yelled without thinking. He turned around, startled.

                “I’m not dumb, Brianna,” he said and kept walking. But instead of turning down the hall to math he turned the other way towards the courtyard. So now he was ditching? I hate to say it, but I want the old Harry back.