Chapter 19

Chapter 19

                “It’s so weird,” I said. I was on the phone with Liam. It was Saturday and I had nothing else to do. I called him and told him about what happened last night. “It’s like he’s him old self, but then again he’s not.”

                “Well…” Liam said. “This is tricky. Why don’t you just ask him what’s up or something?”

                “I can’t. That would be weird, especially after we ki—“ I almost told him about mine and Harry’s kiss. That was confidential.

                “After we what?” Great. Now he was curious.

                “Um…kicked…each other…” Wow, Bri. So lame.

                “Okay then…” There was an awkward silence.

                “Wanna meet up with the guys and me later?” Liam finally spoke.

                “That depends…” I replied. If I were to be seen with a bunch of boys that people called “losers” and “nerds” I would be the laughing stock of the entire school again, just like middle school. That could not happen.

                “Depends on what?” Man, he was chock full of questions.

                “Well, you see…I’ve never told anyone this before, not even my mum, but I used to be made fun of every day of my elementary and middle school years. I used to be the nerd who wore her dirty blonde hair in pigtails. I was teased because of my weight. I had terrible skin, and people made sure that was known. So, like Harry, I changed. I dyed my hair black and started changing up the color a lot, I starved myself and ended up with anorexia, and I started wearing makeup; lots of it. I’m not saying I don’t like you, but the teasing will start again if I’m seen with you. That’s one reason why I didn’t want to go out with you…” I was out of breath from saying that so fast.

                “But, Brianna, you’re a beautiful girl. I wonder what you would look like with blonde hair…you would be so different.”

                “I couldn’t stand the teasing. I used to make fun of Harry everyday until the day he came into class looking hot as hell. That’s what happened to me. I make myself look all badass and people don’t mess with me.”

                “You should just be yourself. This whole time I thought you were actually you. I know Harry is definitely not himself. I’ve known him long enough to be certain.”

                “But what if he likes the change?”

                “It doesn’t matter. It’s still not him. He shouldn’t have all the girls chasing after him. He doesn’t even know what to do when a girl is flirting with him.”

                “Is someone jealous?”

                “No, I am not jealous. I’d rather be known as a nerd than have to ditch class and get detentions to be cool.” Again, another awkward silence.

                “Where are you and the guys going tonight?” I asked.

                “The football match. It starts at 6 at the school. Do you want to come?”

                “Yea, I’ll go.” Might as well since I have nothing better to do.

                “Great! Well I must study for my history exam on Monday. See you later.” He hung up. He sounded so excited I was going. Does he still like me? Not that it matters, but I like knowing people like me even if I don’t like them back in that way. Weeks ago I would’ve never thought I would be friends with Liam, Louis, Niall, Zayn, and possibly Harry. I haven’t even dreamed about kissing Liam or Harry. I thought I would end up falling in love with some super-hot jock, but no. I’ve ended up having a massive crush on Harry Styles, and I’m okay with that.

**Dedicated to @BrookeBallard2 for suggesting the song Wrecking Ball which goes perfectly with some chapters! Comment a song that goes along with the story for a dedication!**