Chapter 30

Chapter 30

                I was in America. My godmother started me at a new school, and I hated it. I hadn’t made any friends. I still had blonde hair and wore less makeup, but I think people didn’t want to talk to me because of my attitude. I yelled at pretty much every teacher and had already gotten detention twice in one week.  Aunt Michelle had no idea what was wrong with me, and I didn’t know either.

                No one from England had contacted me at all. I guess I scared the guys off pretty bad. They did show up at my mum’s funeral to show support, though.

                I wish Harry would at least email me. I kind of miss him. He kicked Sam’s butt for me, snuck into a hospital with me, drove me around, saved me from Sam trying to rape me…he even helped me boost my grades. In fact, he was a cool guy. If only he let me explain to him that I actually cared for him. I blame Zayn for giving me the idea to fake date him in the first place. I knew in the end it would turn out bad.

                “Brianna, what’s the matter with you?” Aunt Michelle said when I got home from school. Like I did at my old house, I threw my backpack in a corner and never touched it. I didn’t even care about getting accepted into college at this point. I wanted my mum back.

                “Nothing’s wrong, sheesh.” I stalked upstairs to my bedroom and slammed the door. I lied down on my bed and cried. Every day after school I did just that. I missed my mum. I missed my dad. I missed England. I missed Harry. I would do anything to go back in time and prevent my mum from getting into that car crash. I would’ve never called her and told me to pick her up. I would’ve taken Harry’s offer for him to drive me home instead. But in the end, some things happen for a reason. Maybe my mum died because her time here was up. Maybe she accomplished all she had to so God said she could now join him in Heaven. Maybe I’m not with Harry because I’m destined to be with someone else. Whatever happens, happens. I have no control over what’s to come; all I’m hoping is that the next chapter of my life will be a good one. 

-----

A/N:

Hey guys! It's Rachel here! I just wanted to say thank you all for reading my story. It's been a wonderful journey and I have to say this is the end of an era. I hope you guys continue to recommend my story to people and continue to vote! I have a new story coming soon, and I think I'll actually publish it earlier than July. It's called "Mistakes" and is another Harry Styles fanfic. Please check it out, it would mean the work to me. I'm shocked at all the reads this story has received because, quite honestly, I don't think it's that great...but I'm glad you all like it!

xo - Rachel