Chapter 21

Chapter 21

                I found Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn sitting in the third row. I climb the steps of the bleachers and took a seat next to Zayn.

                “Hey, guys,” I said.

                “Brianna?” they all said.

                “Uh, yea…”

                “You look different,” Niall blurted out. “Did you do something to your hair?”

                “And your face?” Louis added. Liam smacked his arm.

                “I think you look wonderful,” Liam said, trying to be nice to me. I gave him a small smile.

                “So, I ran into Harry while I was looking for you guys,” I said. “He said I looked different and explained to him why, and all he said was “I like the change.” I thought me going back to the way I was would make him have a change of heart.”

                “You know what you need to do?” Zayn spoke up.

                “What?”

                “You need to date him. Maybe if you become his girlfriend, he will listen to you.”

                “Um…that’s not going to be easy. He won’t even ask me out.”

                “But he likes you, right? He called you beautiful and all that, right?”

                “Yea, so?”

                “What if I told him you like him back? Maybe he would ask you out. All you have to do is fake date him.”

                “But what if I really like him?” Shit. Shit shit shit. They all became silent. Liam and Louis stopped bickering, Niall stopped staring into space, and Zayn stopped talking.

                “Woah, what?” Liam said. “Did I hear you correctly?”

                “I think you did,” Zayn said. Obviously all of them were shocked.

                “How long have you liked him?” Niall asked. All these questions were stressing me out. I didn’t want them to know I had a crush on him, and they were making the situation worse by bombarding me with questions.

                “I don’t know….” I said. “Since he started tutoring me…”

                “What?!” Liam shouted. Everyone in the bleachers in front of us turned around and stared. I glared at him.

                “What’s wrong?” Louis asked Liam. “Are you a wittle jealous?” He poked his cheek.

                “No,” he huffed. “I don’t get jealous.” He crossed his arms over his chest.

                After that wonderful football game I went to stand by the parking lot to wait for my mum. I hadn’t realized how great of a player Harry was. Not to mention he was the hottest on that field.

                “Bri?” a familiar voice from behind said. I could feel steam start to blow out of my ears. Sam was the last person I wanted to speak to.

                “What do you want?” I said in my harshest tone without facing him.

                “Well, you kind of look different.”

                “I do, don’t I?” He stood next to me, and I stepped aside.

                “Look, Bri, I’m really sor—“

                “Do not even dare to try and apologize.” I was pissed. “You broke into my fucking house when you knew my mum wouldn’t be home. You almost fucking raped me, you asshole! I should have a restraining order put against you, but I won’t ‘cause I don’t want to go through all that shit to get one.” I crossed my arms over my chest. “I’m not giving it up to you ever.”

                “Can I just explain—“

                “No! You fucking took my dad’s ashes and they spilled all over that stupid bag that you had with you! Do you realize how asshole-y that was of you?! What were you: high, drunk…what?! You embarrassed me so much yesterday. Just lea—“ He slapped me. Hard. I shut my eyes out of pain.

                “Hey!” a deep voice yelled, rushing over to us. I was holding my cheek, which hurt like hell. I opened my eyes to see Harry standing in front of us.

                “That’s not how you treat a woman,” he said to Sam, anger clear in his voice.

                “How come it’s always the nerd to the rescue?” Sam asked skeptically.

                “He’s not a nerd,” I weakly said. My cheek was bruised, I knew it.

                “Listen, bitch.” Sam grabbed the collar of my jacket. ”You stay out of this unless you want to die, understand?” I gulped and nodded my head yes.

                “Let go of her,” Harry growled.

                “Fine.” He pushed me to the ground. I landed on my butt. I was going to be in so much pain tomorrow. I quickly scanned the parking lot for my mum, but she was nowhere to be found. I took my phone out of my pocket. I had a text from her saying she would be a little late.

                “Is that all you do?! Abuse innocent people?!” I looked up at Harry and Sam arguing. Harry looked so hot when he was mad. His voice was raspy and his veins were visible in his neck. I wanted him. I needed him.

                “No. I’m just pissed about her dumping me, that’s all.” So is this what it’s all about? Me dumping him four years ago because he was a jerk?

                “That was four years ago, dumbass,” I said. “And I thought just last week we were friends.”

                “Friends?” He laughed. “I did that so we would become closer and you would fall in love with me again. You actually thought we were friends?” Now I was more than angry. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to dig his grave right there and throw him in it. Bury him alive, as they would say.

                “Go.” Harry pointed to the street. He gave Sam a long, cold stare. Sam started walking towards the crosswalk. “I hope you get hit by a car!” I couldn’t help by giggle.

                “Are you okay?” he asked, helping me to my feet. I brushed off dirt from my pants.       

                “I think I’ll be okay.” He just saved me. Again.