Chapter 25

Chapter 25

                I slept on the couch in Harry’s living room. He offered to let me have his bed and he would sleep on the couch, but I refused. I would feel too awkward.

                “Are you positive?” he asked. I nodded. He had brought me some blankets and pillows.

                “Okay, then,” he said. “If you need anything, my room is in the basement.”

                “Alright. Thank you. Goodnight.” I had my phone under the pillow. I didn’t want him questioning why I was sleeping with it.

                “’Night.” He turned off the light. I heard him go downstairs, and I took my phone out. I had one missed call from my mum—or at least from her number. I slid my finger across the notification and called back.

                “Hello?” a male voice on the other end said.

                “Hi, you called?” I said.

                “Ah, yes. I just wanted to let you know your mother is doing just fine. The bleeding has slowed down a bit.”

                “But you told me before she was bleeding a lot but you bandaged her up.” Something seemed fishy.

                “I don’t think I said that. I wouldn’t lie to you.”

                “You sure? I know what I heard…”

                “Well—“

                “Let me talk to my mum.”

                “What?”

                “You heard me.” Please don’t let this be some fake doctor who has no idea what the hell he’s doing.

                “I’m sorry, but your mum isn’t available right now.”

                “Excuse me, but if you have her phone, she is so available.” I waited for an answer, but the line went dead. I put my phone on the coffee table. I threw the blankets off of me and walked across the room to the basement door. I opened it and slowly walked downstairs so I wouldn’t trip. I started to feel the wall for a light switch, and when I found it I turned it on.

                “What the…?” Harry said, opening his eyes. He was sleeping shirtless. Oh my gosh.

                “Um,” I said, trying not to stare at him, “we need to go to the hospital.”

                “Ugh.” There was silence. Then, “Why?”

                “I got a weird call from some dude saying my mum was okay. But he wouldn’t let me talk to her, and he hung up when I tried questioning him.” My voice was trembling. I couldn’t lose my mum. If I did I would be sent to the US. I didn’t want that.

                “Can’t we just go in the morning? I’m tired.”

                “Please, Harry? Aren’t we friends? Aren’t we going to go on a date? You do remember me asking you out, right?”

                “Yea, yea, I know, but I’m tired.” His hair was messy, he was shirtless…I was having sexual frustrations again. I didn’t know a nerd was able of turning into that…but it was still my job to change him back. I really didn’t want to, but I promised the rest of the guys I would.

                “But my mum could be in trouble!”

                “She’s in the damn hospital, Brianna. Nothing’s wrong.”

                “But—“

                “Come here.” He held out his arms. I slowly walked over to him, unsure of what I was doing. He pulled me into his arms.

                “Everything’s fine,” he whispered into my ear. He held me close to his chest.

                “But my mum,” I said. “If she doesn’t make it…I’ll have no one left here. They’ll all be in America, and then I’ll have to move to America.”

                “She’ll be okay.” I turned my head to look at him, and he was looking straight into my eyes. He leaned in closer, and I did the same. Before I knew it, our lips touched. It was the most wonderful feeling in the world, and right then I forgot about everything.