Chapter 14

Chapter 14

                I plopped down on my bed. I was officially having the worst day ever. First Harry ignores me all day, then Sam badmouths him basically in front of the whole school, and now Harry doesn’t want anything to do with me. I should’ve never apologized to him. If I never apologized to him then he would’ve never came over to my house and called me beautiful. It was all my fault.

                I heard voices downstairs, so I went to see who it was. My mum was talking to someone, and that someone’s voice sounded so familiar…

                “Get out of my house,” I said. Sam glared at me and my mum ignored me. I walked closer to them.

                “I said get out,” I said again to Sam, this time more firm.

                “No,” he said. “Your mum and I are having a conversation.”

                “I don’t care. Lea—“

                “Brianna Claire Hudson,” my mum said, looking me directly in the eyes. “What has gotten into you? I thought you and Sam were friends.”

                “Not after what happened this afternoon,” I mumbled and stalked over to the kitchen. I took a glass out of the cabinet and poured water into it.

                “What happened?” I heard my mum ask Sam. I set my glass down to avoid dropping it.

                “It’s a long story,” Sam answered. Bri, you can’t do this, my subconscious kept telling me. Eavesdropping isn’t right.

                “Fuck you,” I whispered to myself.

                “Tell me,” my mum said. “I have all night.”

                “Well…after school today I wanted to know if Brianna wanted to study with me, but she told me she had plans with her boyfriend.”

                “Boyfriend?”

                “Yes, boyfriend. He’s some stuck up jock boy who’s on the football team. He’s really bad in my opinion, and apparently only got accepted because of how he looks.”

                “And he’s Bri’s boyfriend?”

                “I guess so. Word on the street is he’s a real badass and rides a motorcycle everywhere. He is definitely someone I would not like to be around.”

                What did I just listen to? He was totally twisting the story! I grabbed my glass of water off the counter. I casually walked over to the living room where my mum and Sam were. I took a sip.

                “So, Ms. Hudson, if I were you I would tell Bri she isn’t allowed to see that boy anymore.” He said it loud just to annoy me. I clenched my hand tightly around the glass.

                “What’s this boy’s name?” my mum asked me.

                “There is no boy,” I said through gritted teeth.

                “Then what did Sam just tell me?”

                “A big fat, twisted, screwed up, fucking lie.”

                “I don’t think Sam would lie to me.”

                “So you believe this douchebag,” I gestured toward Sam, “more than your own daughter?!” I was in disbelief. She hadn’t spoken to Sam in years and now she’s choosing to be on his side?

                “Whatch your language, young lady.” That’s it, I thought.

                “You let him swear but not me? That is so messed up! I have put up with your shit for years after dad died, with your crying and cussing into the phone at your own mum, and you won’t let me express my feelings using words I want to use?!” I was using a lot of hand gestures, and I forgot I was holding a glass full of water…

                “What the hell?!” Sam said standing up. The water landed on his crotch area, so it looked like he peed. I couldn’t help but laugh.

                “You will be sorry,” he said, walking towards the front door. He put his shoes on and opened the door. “What the freak? The entire chess team is on your porch.”

                “What?” Why would the chess team be on my porch? I wasn’t going to go talk to them, but I knew if I didn’t they’d get pissed. And nerds could get really moody, believe it or not.

                “Brianna!” they all said when they saw me. They sounded sort of…panicky.

                “Um, hey?”

                “We need your help,” Louis said.

                “With what?”

                “With Harry.”