Chapter Two - The Promise

I watch as many people rush in and out of the guild hall. Some people returning, some people exiting, others not really caring. I stay seated on the bar, bobbling my head back and forth. "Lucy-san, why is everyone in a rush?" I glance to the left to see a confused Wendy, Carla and Lucy. "Um-.. Ano, I have no clue." I shuffle along the bar towards them. Leaning my back horizontally along the counter.

"It's the time of year again." The three look towards me. "That time of year...?" I sit up, twirling my hair strands around one finger. "It's S class trails time." They tilt their heads. Carla landing on the bar beside me, I slowly pull myself up. Crossing my legs, leaning forward and propping my elbows up on the bar. Snuggling my neck further down into the jumper.

"Let me see... Um... I'm S class, so is Erza-san and Mira-san. We all had to go through a trail that is different each year set up by Master. The winner, if there is one, becomes S class. They are difficult thought and take a lot of guts and determination. I'm surprised I passed. Beating Natsu and Gray out of it. Master picks the contenders, by jobs and magical power, along with intel-... Intellact?" They laugh lightly, I pout. "What...?" Lucy smiles. "Intellect." I grin. "That's it!"

"So it's really that important huh?" Lucy states, rubbing her chin. I nod. "Ya, Lucy-san. Natsu-san wants to become S class as he thinks he can see his papa as he will be strong enough." I watch Wendy downcast her eyes. "It's nothing though, you'll find your mama and papa soon. I can tell."

___

"Master?" I'm standing on the roof, only accessible from the second floor. Said man was sitting with a beer in his grasp. Myself having another chocolate milkshake. "Yes, Child?" I take a sip, twirling around. His back to me. "The S class exam... Where is it going to be?" He glances over his shoulder. "At Tenroujima." I tilt my head. "Where?" Pressing my hands into the stone beside him.

I roll my neck. The plants that have yet to blossom up that decorate the top bloom. Bright and bold colours that extend up the structure and decorate the roof for all eyes to see. "My magic's increased. I can hear each animal voice from around us." I raise my hands towards my mouth, biting nervously onto my index finger.

"I can even form slightly... Almost like Mirajane can... but not satan's soul." I mumble slightly. "Oh?" He shuffles around, staring straight towards me now. "I've gotten better... So when the exam is over... I want to start going on more difficult jobs!" He rubs his temples. Myself shifting under his gaze. "We shall see child."

I know, scurrying quickly off back downstairs, past the second floor, a quick peek at the S class mission board before jumping down the stairs, the wooden floor creaking below my feet. The guild hall barely alive, besides the few people here and there, Kinina and Mira.

"I'm going home. Tomorrow they announce it!" I wave bye towards Lucy and Wendy before exiting the guild. The frantic noise still loud as I travel towards Fairy hills, the rooms for females in Fairytail. 'Good luck... Competitors.'

_______

I stood standing behind the large curtain. The green material not blocking out the noise and anticipation from the other members. "I'm so excited to see who's picked! Ne?" I grin, hopping from foot to foot before twirling around. I'm standing or dancing about of Masters right, Gildarts behind me will Erza and Mira are the same on the left. "It shall be interesting to see who Master's picked." Erza states, her gaze towards the curtain.

Releasing a giggle, shaking my head, quickly stop jumping and stand proud. Hands clasped behind my back. The curtain rising. With gasps, cheers, and many members yelling out our names, I look and spot a lot of excited faces. Master coughs, I twirl a strand of my hair, curling my toes in my shoes. The room silencing down. I give a slight wave towards Wendy who stands off to the side.