Chapter Twelve

Taking deep breathes, my claws gripping onto the wall, dodging normal humans who are making their way towards the stands to watch todays' games. The second day, leaving three more after this. Three more long days that would worsen or brighten our guild once again.

You might ask why I'm sprinting in my panther form along the walls - well, Lets' just say, I'm late. After leaving Crocus Gardens and making my way back to my hotel room, I stayed up to gosh knows what time thinking about them. Trying to remember them.

Yet every time I think of something before my accident, pain erupts in my organs and a searing headache appears. I'm obviously trying too hard, or someone's keeping me from remembering. Yet, I cannot even think of anyone that would want to do that.

Growling out in frustration I leap over the heads of many humans, needing to get to the Team B stands quickly. My claws clicking against the tiled floor as I enter an empty hallway, for participants only. The door towards my stands in sight as I do one last leap towards the door, skidding to a halt.

With ears perked high as my body glows and shifting. Standing once again high on two feet as I adjust my headset and running my fingers through my hair. Pushing open the doors, I'm greeted with my team already there.

"Sleep in, Valkeri?" Mirajane smiles wholeheartedly, grabbing my hand before pulling me towards the wall. Catching the attention of Laxus and Juvia. My eyes scanning the participants who've just made their way down to the arena.

"I did... I just couldn't sleep last night, I'm sorry... So! What's happening?" I mutter before quickly changing the topic of conversation. Because knowing Mira, she'll keep asking questions.

"It's called Chariot." Laxus states, keeping his arms crossed over his chest as my raise an eyebrow. The lacrima's appearing in front of us as I shake my head in amusement. Natsu and Gajeel having gone... Even Sting from Sabertooth.

Is he perhaps only participating because of the other dragon slayers?

"Juvia doesn't think is this the best game for them... Juvia's witnessed they both get motion sickness." Juvia mumbles, even after seven years, she still speaks in third person, but I guess that's what makes Juvia, Juvia.

"Agreed... But they'll get through it..." I reply, glancing from my position towards the Sabertooth stands. My eyes locking with Rogue's form which is back in the shadows which he seems to do a lot... He must've sensed my piercing eyes because his head slowly turns towards me.

My knuckles cracking before I roll my ankles, hearing a satisfying crack from them also. Neither one of us planning on breaking the eye contact. My throat slowly beginning to crisp dry, probably due to the lack of food and water I had this morning.

The sound of the gong snaps my gaze away from his mesmerizing red. They do say Red is the colour of Fate, love and adoration. Maybe that's why I couldn't look away.

Heaving a sigh, my head turns towards the lacrima. All three dragon slayers purple and green in the face and falling behind by far. The chariots will head straight towards the stadium and the finish line being in the arena's floor.

My ears twitching as Natsu creates a speech, with intricate words from Gajeel as they basically crawl their way towards the finish line. Bowing my head, my heart swells as my toes curl. My knuckles clenched tight enough to cause them to go even paler, my nails indenting my palms.

Silent tears welding up in my eyes, yet I don't dare allow them to fall. Seven long bloody years I awaited their return, seven long years of torture, accidents and getting stronger to prove I should've gone with them. Years of forgetting those members of Sabertooth... Forgetting him...