Chapter Ten

A sigh leaves Rogue's mouth as he moves quietly through Crocus Gardens, the hotel Sabertooth members are staying in. Reaching his room, he opens the door, Frosche fast asleep on his bed, Lector asleep in an awkward position on the other.

"Rogue... If Master catches us with that girl, we'll be in trouble. Keep it to a minimum. Especially the fact we're now enemies. If her guild gets in." Sting rumbles out, his eyes locked out the window, but glancing at Rogue from the corner of his eyes.

Worry thick through him, along with the confusion of her appearing again – and a member of Fairytail at that. She having been part of their guild even when they were together all those years ago.

"I will... I'll find out why she abandoned us." Rogue grits out. A firm anger resounding within him, but for some reason, he can't figure out why it's not targeted at her, but someone else, and someone he doesn't know.

Valkeri PoV:

"Good luck... you five. Stay safe, I'll be cheering you on from the stands along with the others." I speak softly, staring at Erza, Lucy, Natsu, Gray and Elfman. Our bodies standing at the beginning of the tunnel.

The crowds cheering and chanting many guild names that might have gotten through, although Sabertooth's is the main one that echoes above the rest. My mind reeling to the fact a certain member resides within that guild.

"We'll win, Keri! I mean, we're Fairytail!" Natsu grins a closed eyed grin after speaking. My head nodding as I smile softly. My hands clenching in a nervously, my body lighting up the darkened tunnel as I feel my bones reshape.

Crackling and snarling leaving my body and my throat as my arms expand out, a caw leaving my mouth as I flap my arms that are now covered in feathers. My bird form now hovering above the ground.

Landing softly on Elfman's shoulders, I wrap my wings around my body, snuggling down as my talons grip his attire that matches the team A's attire. The main colour being purple, don't ask me why, not even team B has to wear matching coloured outfits.

"Welcome everybody to this year's Grand Magic Games!" Chapati, the main announcer yells through his mic. Sighing inwardly, I rise off Elfman's shoulder, realising I need to get to our stands. My feathers shift as I wave my talons in an animal styled wave.

With a harsh flap of my wings, I begin making my flight down the tunnel, this being the easiest way to get out without getting caught by the guards who watch over the games... Although, they don't do a very good job. Do they?

"This year, in Eighth place, will they finally reclaim the top spot since their main members have returned from seven years!? Give it up for Fairytail!"

The light of the arena getting closer, I quickly fly vertically, grimacing in stupidity for staying with them too long, my eyes zeroing in on the lacrima that shown me by mistake. My eyes widening at the 'Boo's' that reap out of the crowds.

My body glows as I land on the wall, not within my human form, but my panther form. Lying down, my tail curling around me as my ears perk up, watching Team A walk out of the tunnel. Completely flabber-ghasted by the boos and horrible yells.

Sympathy for them being in the spotlight. The next many guilds come out, Lamia Scale, Mermaid Heel, Blue Pegasus, Quatro Cerberus. Although, Raven Tail are apparently in the games. My ears twitching as they announce quietly they did it to Carla and Wendy. A snarl rippling through my mouth.

The guild looking at me with a confused look, besides the sudden anger that they're in, Master has completely lost it. But, although, they are apparently a legit guild. What a load of rubbish... They really need to fix some things about this competition.

Lisanna and Kinina lean on my back, a purr escaping my jaw, as the announce coughs into his mic. My ears staying perked in the air as they flicker as static fills them. "In Second Place... We have, hold on a moment! This might determine their victory! Give it up for Fairytail Team B!"

I watch with a cat-like grin as Laxus, Mirajane, Jellal, Gajeel and Juvia. The arena filling with confusion and pure shock. Some even detest. "Well, Each guild can have two guild enter in, but it seems Fairytail has gotten both teams through!" Chapati finishes.

Raising the end of my tail I wave it towards the team. Knowing that I'll be down there soon. Master grinning and jumping around like a mad man; he basically already is one; besides Mavis, should I mention our first master appeared out of no-where?

"And, give it up, you know them, you love them, Give it up for Fiore's number one guild, SABERTOOTH!" My eyes widen as the whole crowd stands up into an applauding mass of bodies. A disgruntled sound leaving my throat as spot Rogue, standing beside Sting who's fist is pumped into the air.

Closing my eyes, I ignore the sudden pain that's corrupting my organs, my paws curling as my tail tenses around off the edge. "Valkeri... That member of Sabertooth is staring at you..." My eyes snap open as Lisanna speaks, my eyes locking with his red eyes from the field.

His eyes staring at me secretly, none of his comrades having noticed his pointed stare towards me. With a dejected sigh, I drag my eyes away and to their stands, seeing the two exceeds from before.

"Do you know him? Valkeri?" I shake my head softly, flattening my ears against my head and placing my paws over my head. Not wanting his eyes to taunt me. Within a few moments, I raise a paw slightly, peeking open my eye.

He's no longer staring at me. A sense of relief yet, ust most sadness filling me.

"The first games called hidden! Pick your participants!"