Chapter Twenty Six

Third PoV:

"That's Rogue... Eh?" Nuran murmurs, grinning wickedly. His device coaxed eyes watching with curiosity from his place upon the tiled roof on a house close to the centre of the town. The beam upheld within the core of the town getting stronger with every passing second. 

"Aye... He seems pissed. Him and the other guilds... She really is important to them huh?" Vard replies swiftly, twirling half empty vial in between his fingers. "How about we have fun and tell them everything once they reach the middle?"

"I can see why he's pissed." Nuran chuckles deeply, eyes crazed as a female member of his guild is flung back, smashing through a window, allowing shards . "Look at those scales... they're leaves. Seems our little Valkeri really did bond with him."

"Oh shit, you're right!" Vard states amazed. "Do you reckon he's feeling her pain?"

"Interesting..." Nuran smirks, not even bothering to answer as he stands, ducking out of view just as Pisces fly over the rooftops, attracted to the light. "But lets' go back then to the centre. Await their arrival and break their little hearts when we tell them. My beautiful puppet will easily ward them off until time is complete."

Below them, Rogue's rage high as he ploughs through the rookies of the dark guild. His body decorated in raven scales mixed with raven embedded leaves as shadows lick at his attire and skin. Baron red orbs fuming, pupils now slits, vicious growls and there's only one word for it: Rampage. Simple swipes seeming the deadliest of punches, kicks sending his targets flying. 

Behind him, Sabertooth and a few members of Fairy Tail. Frosche trying to keep up with her partner whose getting further away quicker. Yukino scooping Frosche up while pulling Libra's key. Other guilds attacking from different angles, shredding their numbers from raw power.

"Rogue! Wait up!" Sting exclaims, fist crunching into his enemy's face, only to have a firm jab to the lower ribcage from a different angle. "He's sniffin' her out." 

"Stay focused Sting-kun!" Lector urges. 

"He's right," Gajeel grumbles, slamming his arm which has morphed into a iron, spiked sword, slicing the skin of its victims and knocking them all back. The more they knock down, the more appear. 

Up Ahead, Rogue's growl rings out in the air, no-longer in sight of him comrades as he rears back, "Shadow Dragons ROAR!" The black mass firing from his mouth and creating a following crater through the street in its wake.

Panting, Rogue stands still, anger still high while he catches his breath, only to narrow his eyes at Valkeri's half-shifted form, grinning at him with large, protruding canines that belong to her panther shapeshift, taunting him, "Poor little lizard. Come and get me..."

Her winged arms keep her hovering in the air as the street stragglers of the dark guild slowly drag themselves to the sides, while those still standing glance towards the animalistic female with fear and run down the alley ways. "Valkeri..." Rogue growls, sprinting after her the moment she dives down and glides down the street. "Get back here!" 

"But I love to play tag... and you're currently it." Valkeri's mocking laugh echoes down the street to Rogue whose body has been pulled down into the shadows to not interfere with the many people fighting.

"Come... Meet my master." Valkeri murmurs as she lands on her talon like feet, the strengthening beam of magic coming from a source just over the house behind her. "Don't you want to meet him...? He's controlling the beam..." 

"He's the one who did this... to you?" Rogue mutters angrily, slowly raising from the shadow coaxing the ground and standing tall. His magical energy slowly depleting quicker than he would've liked.