Chapter Five - Years spent with him, Are they the last?

Two years ago, on this day, we got the news of Fairytail's core members being lost. Our holy ground being trashed and ruined and never to be seen again. Two years since I've spoken a properly to anyone in the guild. Two years of sorrow inside my chest. Yet, I never told Rogue or Frosch that I've been in the guild.

"Shadow Dragon's Roar!" With the black mist travelling quickly towards me, I dive to the right. Dodging it quickly, "Shapeshift!" I yell out. My memories fighting with the guild build me up. Myself landing on four legs, paws. Myself now transformed. My fur the colour of purple with strange symbols lining my back. The body standing around a metre, perked ears, sharp vision and a long tail for balance.

Throughout the years, we've lost the guild hall. We now subsided on the mountain in a windmill like shack. Us now only down to a few members. Twenty at most. No more than that, yet how have I been keeping count. I'm never there. I've been there around eight times throughout the two years.

Growling out, I leap forward, my paws pressing firmly into the grass, the pulsing energy it gives out causing myself to feel refreshed. With strong hind legs, I push my body off the ground, landing at Rogue's feet, my speed should not be taken lightly. Swatting my tail around, it whacking against his legs knocking him over.

I'm now thirteen, nearly fourteen and each day I'm with Rogue and Frosch. They've grown on me and my heart aches when I leave them for a short period of time. He's fourteen, only a year older, yet we've clicked instantly ever since that day in Hosenka. We've been side by side. He trusts me like I trust him. Yet, I still haven't told him, something inside me tells me he will leave me if I do.

My body lightly glows as I shift back. My bones cracking as I stand back up onto two feet, spreading my arm down, Rogue grasping it as I help him up. A faint smile lining my lips. The sun above slowly will begin to make its decent.

He's helped me train. My magic barely falters anymore, yet he's strong. Fighting against him, I've won a few times. When I'm focused enough. My shapeshifting and nature magic has grown stronger. I can transform now fully, I can create an atmosphere that is more suitable to my needs. I can heal the plants that die and run fast. I've began to make my goal.

I've started maturing, and my muscles have increased very slightly from the amount of training we've done. Frosch loves me enough and ends up cuddling up to me at night when we are in the deep forests. It's perfect, I never forget my old family... But I'm not dwelling on it. I won't. Natsu would scold me. So would Mirajane. Enough...

We then met Sting and Lector a few months ago, who now join us. He's abit cocky, I'll tell you that much, but he loves Lector as a best friend. Like each dragon slayer is to their exceed partner. Both him and Rogue are opposites, yet they fit together perfectly. Shadow and Holy. Their magic helps them fight in sync. Both having lacrima's implanted into them.

Although, before Sting came, Rogue told me something I never thought he would.

_

We both sat on top of the small hill. The rocks surrounding us being a great support while standing or for chairs. It gives a perfect view of the rising moon that is half filled. The beautiful light cascading down onto the sea on the horizon.

"Ri?" I tilt my head to the side, myself and Rogue across from one another on two separate boulders. "Yes, Rogue?" I smile, the grass around us filled with life. "I've told you about Skiadrum..." I nod faintly, un-aware of the story ahead. "He's dead."

I feel my eyes widen until they can't anymore, shock filled me. "Just.. Wait.. How!?" I lean forward, pressing my hands into the cold, jagged surface. If Skiadrum's dead... Could Igneel, Metalicana and Grandeeney be as well? I feel my heart pick up its pace.

"He was ravaged by a disease and I assisted in his suicide." My heart beat slowed down, but sadness grew over it. Slowly sliding off the rock, I walk towards him. His eyes downcast. How much pain he would of felt... Probably more than I've felt in years. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I give him a soft hug.

"Don't worry Rogue. You got us now. Ne?"

_

Sting's dragon asked for him to kill him. Its harsh... I don't know why, yet I told Rogue I wouldn't tell him he told me. Sting has an obsession with beating Natsu... I can't tell him, every time he talks about it I walk away. Their faces always flash before me.

"Rogue?" I ask faintly. He looks towards me, us both at once again on the hill he confessed his father's death to me. "Mhm?" I grin lightly. Up both now on our backs. Staring straight up towards the sky. Sting watching Lector and Frosch as they get food. "Will we always be friends?" I turn my head to look at him, himself doing to same. "Of course, Ri, Always."

I hold out my hand, plucking out the pinkie finger. "Pinky Promise!" His rare smile lighting up his face, our pinkie fingers interlocking. A promise. One I hope never is broken. It won't be. I won't let it be.

"Oi! Rogue! Valkeri!" Rolling over onto my front, I glance towards Sting who has Lector and Frosch at his sides. A smile lining their faces. "I think it's time!" I tilt my head. "Time for what exactly?" I ask. Confusion contorting my features. "To join a guild! We need to join the best Guild!" I watch Rogue stand up and nod slightly. "Agreed." Rogue lends me a hand as he pulls me up.

"Like I said, time for what?" They both look between each other. "It's time to join a guild!" Sting states enthusiastically. I raise an eyebrow. "Well... Have fun with that." His smile drops. "Aren't you joining us?" I shake my head. "I'm in a guild already." He tilts his head. "Then we'll join yours!" I internally widen my eyes.

"No point Sting, it's not your type of guild. It's quiet." I lie smoothly. He sighs before shaking his head in shame. Taking a few steps away, I turn around to face to edge of the hill. "You four go on and find a guild. We'll keep in touch. Meet up here every two months. How about that?" They all stare at me, before reluctantly nod.

"Don't worry guys. When you find a guild. We can still go on jobs together. Yes?" I glance down to see Frosch come up quickly and hug my leg. She's grown over the two years. Yet her vocabulary is still limited. Leaning down, I quickly pet her. "Don't worry Frosch. I'll see you soon. Okay?" She looks up at me and smiles, a few tears brimming at her eyes.

"Just remember our promise Rogue. Yes?" He nods. "Always." Crossing his arms over his chest I nod in reply. "Go on then. I'll see you four in two months' time!" I quickly sprint off, not wanting to turn around or see their faces. Or change my mind.

With puddles now forming from the now crying sky. I run through the forest towards the closest town. Pressing my left foot firmly into the ground. My body glows as I leap forward, shifting. Myself into my large cat. Quickly weaving around the tree's as my body soaks in the falling rain.

With where we were before, I'm travelling north, as we were south west of Lamia Scale's guild. Skidding along the muddy ground, my ears perking up at the strangest of noises. My claws curling into the ground. The sound of shoes squishing around me in multiple directions causes a panic to rise. Myself snarling. The rain thundering down.

With a slight sight of grey magic I jump to the side, my legs wobbling, a searing pain beginning to rise up my legs to my body. Soon collapsing to the ground. 'Rogue...' My body slowly glowing as I shift back, my arms rubbing into the mud below. 'Rogue...' My body trying its best to feel the pulse of the nature, yet its numb. Like myself. 'Rogue...'

Yet, I never knew, that would be the last time.

I lost consciousness.