Chapter Eighteen

I watch with horror, yet curiosity as the five consecutive blasts of magic fire and slice through my chest. The being, transparent in front of me. Did I... just witness my own death?

Frosche's cries and Lectors calls. My heart burns at the sight of Rogue, frozen mid-step with eyes filled with panic, tears gripping his eyes as as he sprints forward, catching my falling body. Sting barely moving his position.

I feel everything around me shift as the image of me vanishes... My body appears in its position, as I swiftly turn around eyes wide at the close blasts of magic from the small dragons. With limited time, I raise my hands, glowing green as I make a barrier, a very bad one with the limited time.

Gaps were protruding, the barricade wasn't large.

The blasts of magic made contact with my barricade and the weak-make-shift barricade threaded in the explosion. The wind whipping around as I feel my body slice through it. My feet no-longer on the ground. A shattering pain along my spine as my back breaks through a wall of a nearby house.

Ouch...

My limbs numb as haziness overtakes my mind. Black spots decorating my orbs. Pain... "I'm Sorry... Rogue..."

*

The small exceed squeals as she's thrown up into the air, the sun brightly shining above and the grass below them glowing a florescent green. The exceed wrapped in a pink frog costume squeals again as she's caught, giggling and clapping her paws together.

Both beings releasing a positive vibe as they continue their activity. "Fro happy!" The small exceed giggles, every time she's thrown, her arms extend out as the wind lessens the fall. But the person catching her is blurred.

Sitting across from them, two males of complete opposites in appearances with a maroon exceed sitting at their feet, watching with wide eyes and a navy vest un-buttoned covering his small chest.

The male on the left with blonde, spikey hair, deep and sparkling blue orbs with a diagonal scar above his right eye. His arms crossed over his chest as he lies lazily with his back against a large rock. A fur rimmed jacket around his torso and a mossy green under tunic underneath but is short enough to show off a toned chest. Baggy white trousers with black over-material and yellow highlights. Blue, elbow length gloves

The maroon exceed turns and climbs onto the blonde's lap.

The male on the right however... Has raven black locks that is ragged and sticks up in different directions, also falling down past his cheeks allowing the tips to reach his neck. His eyes a baron red that glimmer like rubies within the sun's rays. His legs crossed as he watches with careful, yet affectionate eyes towards the two in front of them. His body wrapped in a black cape with gold trims, concealing the attire underneath.

The small exceed wrapped in a pink, frog costume yet underneath has green, lush fur of green and eyes wide with glee.

My fingers curl as I glance around, the scene in front of me the only thing in existence, behind me, and to my sides are nothing but darkness. I try to move closer... Yet my body is latched into place. Just like when Minerva had her tendrils around my body, holding me, securing me, locking me in place.

What on Earthland? I tilt my head as I look to them all, they all are all young adults... Let look just like they were in the games... A Sabertooth guild mark, although... the only thing different is instead of the smug looks, they has smiles adorning their faces-... My eyes widen as my memory clicks. Then whose...