» Skype «

Liam and Niall are separated when the boys go home for a short vacation. They're having a hard time being away from each other, so they decide to Skype.

"I miss you," Liam said. He propped his chin up on his palm and stared at his computer screen. He wished that he was on the other side sitting next to his boyfriend and not miles and miles away.

"I miss you, too," Niall said. He was smiling, but he was almost always smiling when he talked to Liam. There was something about that boy that put an irreversible smile on his face. Liam, on the other hand, looked miserable.

"Smile," Niall said. "It's not that bad, love."

"I know," he responded. "I'm sorry. I'm happy to see you in any capacity, but I wish we were together."

Niall rested his arms on his desk, leaning forward slightly. "I know," he said. "But this is what we have right now, so we'll just have to make due. It's just a week."

"You've ruined me, Niall Horan," Liam said. "I'm a wreck after two days. Imagine how I'm going to be in a week." He smiled weakly.

"Well, I can't say I'm upset about 'ruining' you." Niall said. "It's just our first time apart since we've been together. It'll get easier."

"Or we could just never be apart," Liam said. "I like that option better."

Niall laughed softly. "Yeah, me too," he said. "But we'd have to actually tell people first."

"Why? Louis and Harry are always together. They haven't told anyone and it's SO obvious they're together," Liam said.

"Don't assume things, Mr. Payne," Niall said. "Besides Louis has a girlfriend."

"Yeah, so do I," Liam said. Niall flinched like Liam had just hit him. "I'm sorry. I told you I wouldn't have one after this week."

"I know," Niall said. "It's that...I feel bad for her." Liam gave him a confused look. "I feel like I've stolen you from her and you were with her for so long and..."

"That's why I love you so much," Liam said. "You're always so worried about everyone else. And you didn't steal me from her. I was always yours. If anyone's to blame, it's me for leading her on."

Niall nodded, not wanting to argue, not wanting to continue the conversation. The truth of the matter was Niall had been thinking about Liam's girlfriend since they started dating almost two months ago. He constantly felt he was part of an affair, mostly because he was. He wanted so badly for Liam to break up with her so he would feel less bad about the situation.

Liam, being the honorable man he was, refused to break up with her over the phone or Skype. Niall tried to explain that having an affair with a man behind her back wasn't very honorable. They argued about it more than they should have, much more than Niall ever wanted to. But they were good at making up.

"I don't want to think about her right now," Liam said. "I want to think about you. Let's not ruin this."

"I'm always thinking about you," Niall admitted. His face flushed red when he thought about the morning. He smiled. "My mother actually caught me thinking about you this morning."

Liam nearly choked on the sip of water he had just taken. He sallowed and laughed, "You're kidding."

"Nope," he said. "She just walked in and her whole face just fell and went red. She smacked her hand over her eyes and apologized. I covered myself and yelled at her to get out. I felt like a sixteen year old again."

"You know, Nialler, there's a lock on the door," Liam said, smiling broadly now.

"I'm just used to not having to use it," he said. "I still finished."