» Guarding Niall Horan «

The corporate offices for Horan Construction were plush and gorgeous and would have been at home on any Manhattan street. This meant they stood out in the mostly industrial suburb of New Jersey they were situated in, located in their original building, and staffed by people who knew as much about building codes and lumber as they did about copiers and social media. Every inch of the building was a testament to the master craftsmen and artists they employed.

Horan Construction hired the best and advertised it.

It was rare for them to post a job opening. If someone with a specific skill or expertise was needed, resumes would find their way to the right desk, to be read over by the right secretary. So it wasn't a surprise when a handsome man with broad shoulders, dark hair clipped short and a crooked grin showed up, resume in hand, in the outer office for Niall Horan.

The youngest Horan to join the family business, Niall was something of a celebrity. Attractive, wealthy and available, he had a reputation for being a bad boy. His shameless flirtation with the young heiresses and starlets he'd been introduced to gave him a reputation as a ladies man. It was the fights, usually started by jealous boyfriends, that were starting to get out of control. His father and grandfather had suggested an unobtrusive bodyguard and Niall had agreed. They left it to him to find someone who would fit with the direction he was taking his portion of the business.

"Mr. Payne, while I appreciate you bringing your resume in person, there really is no way I can arrange an interview today. Mr. Horan is far too busy to be interrupted."

"I understand he's busy, Ms. Carlisle, but I was led to believe this was a rather urgent matter. I'm willing to wait as long as necessary if you can get me an interview today."

The secretary sighed and opened the envelope he'd handed her. She pulled his resume out, along with a twenty dollar bill with a micro sd card taped to it.

She rolled her eyes and detached the bill. "Mr. Payne, I'm certain you realize that bribing me isn't going to get me to get you in any faster."

"Of course it won't," he said equably. "It's payment for the return of the memory card. It's the only place in the world where those videos are stored and they're very precious to me."

"Footage of your qualifications?" she asked, her eyebrow raised.

"And why I'm certain Mr. Horan will see me today. I have an adapter if you need one."

"I have the latest tablet, it'll read it directly," she said and pulled it out of her desk drawer. Her face was still skeptical when the folder opened to show two videos.

"The five-minute one should be enough to convince you, if you'd like."

"I sincerely hope you aren't wasting my time," she said, her eyes widening when she saw the first screen of the video. It was her boss, tied to a padded bench and following the man in front of her with lust in his eyes. She cleared her throat. "The Horan's do not take kindly to blackmail, Mr. Payne."

"It's not blackmail, Ms. Carlisle, I told you that's the only copy of those videos that exist. I'd like them back and you may keep the twenty to return them and I'll leave, if you think your boss won't want to see me. I promise they won't be leaked if I get them back." He grinned at her. "Of course, if Mr. Horan isn't too busy to see me, I'm certain you'll have time to watch the longer one during an interview. I would, of course, have to trust that you wouldn't copy them without my permission."

He could see desire warring with duty on her face. She finally looked down at his resume and sighed.

Buzzing the intercom, she played with the edge of her tablet, refusing to look at the man who'd had his cock in her boss's mouth at some time in the recent past.