» The First Time «

From Tumblr

NOT MINE

It wasn't that Niall didn't like the food, because Niall really did, it was just that he wanted to ask Liam something afterwards and that was what made him all nervous and not hungry. You see, Liam and Niall have been in a relationship for about 8 months and Niall had only just discovered that he also liked men, practically Liam of course. So he was a virgin, well at least in the anal-sex way.

Niall trusted Liam, he fully did, he knew Liam would never do something without his approval, yet it still scared him to think about it. Maybe Liam wouldn't like it? Maybe Niall wasn't good? Niall was certain about one thing though; he wanted to bottom. Niall loved Liam and he trusted Liam, he wanted his first time to be with Liam and the first thing in him to be Liam. So Niall kept digging in his mashed potatoes and thought about what would happen afterwards.

Liam had noticed that Niall was a bit off, and it scared Liam, questions blurred in his head over and over again, it was like his brain wanted to manipulate him into thinking that Niall would break up with him, because Niall had barely said a word tonight, he hadn't made eye contact much and when he did it lasted for a few seconds. Liam thought about what he could have done wrong, and what he could have done better, he could have taken Niall to the places he likes the most, inside of London Liam did take him out, maybe he should have brought him to the little bungalow back in Wolverhampton and they could have spent a weekend on their own. Going to the sea near the park or he could have shown him around town, at night they could have cuddled at the fireplace in the garden, blankets helping them to keep warm in the freezing nights in England, they could have roasted marshmallows, Liam knows how much Niall loves marshmallows, he likes them when they start to just get brown, saying they taste like heaven, pouting whenever he held them into the fire for too long, that would have been nice, and only the thought of it caused a huge grin to spread on Liam's face.

When both of the boys finished, not really talking, Liam paid, even though it was hard to convince Niall because 'he was no girl' and 'just because Liam is the big spoon doesn't mean that Niall can't pay for him' or 'at least Liam should let him pay for his own food' Liam was having none of it though, he took Niall out today.

On the way back home, which they walked because the weather was surprisingly warm for a spring day, especially for England, Liam was too nervous to grab Niall's hand and interlock it with his, the questions floating in his head hadn't stopped, and Liam thought about grabbing Niall's hand a few seconds, thinking that if Niall were to break up he could feel his warm touch one more time on his skin, making it tingle and making Liam happy right away, as a reminder that Niall still was his, even if only for a few minutes to go. Before Liam could interlock his hand with Niall's he felt Niall slip his hand into Liam's. Niall's hand was rather large, not as big as Liam's hand though, making both their hands fit perfectly into one another. Liam loved feeling Niall's rough pads of his fingers, due to playing the guitar, on the soft skin of his tan hand.

Niall caught Liam smiling down at their hands and it made him smile instantly. Something about the Wolverhampton lad made Niall go crazy, not in a psycho type of way but the I-love-you-so-much-thanks-for-existing kind of way. Probably that same something that wanted to make their relationship stronger, taking a look into Liam's eyes made him realize that he wanted this, not for the sake of having it done, but because of their relationship, Liam had always been taking care of him, even before they got together, Liam always made sure Niall was okay, and Liam was always the one telling Niall that he had no problem with waiting for years if he wanted to because he wanted Niall to be comfortable and he was the one telling Niall that even if their relationship ended (which he obviously didn't want) he would always be a friend to him, always trying to be the best friend he was before they got together. Liam always told him that he loves him, no shame whatsoever even in front of other people. And suddenly Niall was positive and really looking forward to telling Liam that he was ready, not because he was thirsty, but because he loved Liam with all his heart and Liam loved him back just as much.