Nightmare to Daydream

Alice lied in her bed. She was still processing how this all could have happened. Alice wanted to go back to her original home, the one she left behind when Peter kidnapped her to Wonderland. She wanted her older sister Lorina and her annoying sister Edith back. But she was stuck in this new world that she had no idea existed. What was she supposed to do?

Alice heard Edith open the door. Edith was home from middle school. Alice had been going to high school for a couple days. Alice didn't understand how that type of school was supposed to help people if you don't get a lot of one on one time with your teacher. Alice was also behind on the history class, since she actually lived in that time period!

Alice got up and started to walk over to her desk to look at some of the papers, but she got a really bad head ache once she stood up. Alice's room began to spin and she laid back down on her bed. Her eyes started to shut and she was asleep again.

Alice woke up, but she wasn't in her bedroom anymore. She remembered this place form when she was younger. It was a dream like world that looked like the night sky. This was where Alice would always see Nightmare before she went to Wonderland. It had been awhile since she had been there.

Alice started to walk around trying to find Nightmare, but he was no where to be seen.

"NIGHTMARE!" Alice called into the night! She knew he had to be there somewhere. She walked a little bit more and saw a body laying on the ground. Alice ran over to help it and she noticed the eye patch. It was Nightmare!

"Alice!? Is that you?" Nightmare grunted. Alice helped the poor man up and noticed that the floor was covered with blood. He had been puking again. Alice took out her handkerchief and helped clean up Nightmares face that was covered with blood.

"Nightmare, it's alright! It's me, Alice!" Alice said. Nightmare looked her in the eye and smiled. He got up and embraced her. Alice smiled back and let him. She had missed him so much.

"Alice, I felt that you left Wonderland! That's awful! Why did you do it?" Nightmare asked. Alice didn't respond. Nightmare started to shake Alice to make sure she was awake and she pulled back.

"I wanted to see me family. I wanted to live my life back home. But something happened. It's like time went on, but I was always there. The year is completely different!" Alice protested. She was very concerned about how all of that happened, and she knew Nightmare had something to do with it. Nightmare smiled, understanding the situation Alice was in.

"Well, in other words, the world went on, but everyone else couldn't keep up. There past that they believe in right now is a lie," Nightmare explained. It made more sense, but why did it happen. How come Alice could still remember everything!

"Nightmare, I still remember the days with my sisters, all the tutoring I had, and the day Peter kidnapped me!" Alice implied. Was she special?

"The thing about you Alice, is that I love you. Soon you will start to forget the past. You'll forget everything about your old sisters, your teacher, and the day you got kidnapped. You will also forget the Country of Hearts," Nightmare declared. Alice stood shocked. How could she forget that place. Wonderland had a special place in her heart and she couldn't just forget about it. She wouldn't except it.

"Nightmare, I can't just forget about Wonderland. I have so many fun memories with everyone, so many great people in my life! I don't want to forget you guys," Alice cried. Nightmare held Alice in his arms as she cried on his shoulder.

"Alice, I'll try and make sure you remember us. I'll come back as frequently as possible so you never forget us! But you need to learn how to act in this world, and you will start to learn. Alice, I only want the best for you," Nightmare comforted her. Alice looked up and smiled.

"Nightmare, that would mean the world to me! But the real reason you enter my dreams is to hide from Grey. I know you too well," Alice teased. Nightmare got really offended. He loved her and it was only most of the time he hid form Grey. Not all the time.

"Alice, you are too much to handle sometime with your beautiful jokes! I can easily enter someone else's dreams, but I choose yours for a reason!" Nightmare teased back. He could enter anyone's dreams, but the ones he cherished were the ones with Alice. Alice opened her mouth and started hesitating.

"Nightmare, I have to ask you this... Did you plan this? Like everything. Me going to Wonderland? Coming back home to this mess? I want to know?" Alice asked. Nightmare was not surprised Alice asked. He knew she wanted answers, but he wasn't ready to give them to her.

"Look at the time Alice! It's almost time for you to go to school! And plus Gray figured out I was hiding again," Nightmare said as an excuse not to answer Alice's questions. "Bye Alice..."

Before Alice could respond, she woke up in her bed with the sun shining on her face.

"Another day of school... Can't wait," Alice said with someone sarcasm in her voice. She was starting to become a teenager. Alice got dressed and before she left her room, she noticed something in her closet. She walked over to get a better view and there it was. Bloods Mad Hatter Hat was waiting for her. She had brought it with her from Wonderland!

Alice smiled, remembering all the memories she had with him and the others. She picked it up and placed it on her window so she could wake up to it every morning!

"There you go! I'll see you once I get back from school!" Alice kissed the hat and went off to start another day! Alice couldn't wait to get back home so she could talk to Nightmare more.