First Day

-*Your POV*-

The next day you had to wake up at 5:00 AM because school started at 7:00. Also, you were just super slow at getting ready.
You climb out of bed and grab a white tank top, a dark wash denim jean jacket, a pair of zebra printed leggings, your Miu Miu Suede Swarovski Crystal Shearling knee high black boots, and a tiny sparkly elastic band. After checking your outfit in the mirror, you went into the bathroom and quickly used the elastic band to braid your hair and slid down the railing of the stairwell.
This new house is awesome! You thought as you jumped off at the end. Sure, the new house was actually just an old abandoned house, but it worked out just fine for you and your mom. You strolled into the kitchen where your mom was making scrambled eggs. The smell of cheese, fried eggs, and stove residue hit your nose as you pulled a green bowl out of the cabinet and a box of Apple Jacks.
      "Hey mom." You said sweetly, grabbing the 2% milk out of the refrigerator. "Hello, sweetie." Mom replies, smiling at you, twirling the spatula.
      You sit down and start spooning spoonfuls of Apple Jacks, staring out the window at the Eiffel Tower.
I wonder what school will be like. You can't help but wonder.

-*Time skip*-

     You stand in front of this huge building. There are kids your age everywhere, yet you feel like a zebra in a herd of pumas.
      Tucking a lone strand of your (h/c) hair behind your ear, you start walking ever so slowly and try to avoid eye contact with anyone else besides your Miu Miu boots. You check your pink G-Shock watch and notice that you have plenty of time before school starts, and judging by the weather, it looked like a perfect day to try some doodling and coloring. (Sorry if coloring isn't your thing!)
      You sit on one of the steps and take out your Aspiring Artist Coloring Design and Sketch Book and grab your colored pencils. As you color a spiral of waves different shades of indigo, magenta, and royal blue, your thoughts get lost in the move from Italy to here and your long past.
      You don't even notice it when someone with short blonde hair sits down next to you. "That's an awesome design. Are you an artist?" It was a boy. Oh dog, you'd never talked to a boy who hadn't laughed at you in fourteen years.

     You're eyes lift up slowly to greet a pair of enchanting neon green ones

     You're eyes lift up slowly to greet a pair of enchanting neon green ones. "Uh.. Uh, yeah! I'm an artist... I like designing things." Stupid answer. You make a mental note to kick yourself for that later.
       "That's super cool, I don't know a lot of designers other than my father. I'm Adrien." Adrien smiled such a warm smile that I felt a strong warmth behind my chest.
     Oh no... You can feel your eyes go big and your face turning red hot. This isn't going to happen. I'm not EVER falling in love again! End this now, y/n!
      "My name is y/n. Hey, um, I have to go, but I'll see you around." And just like that, you get up and start running, but you didn't notice it when you dropped your Aspiring Artist sketchbook and Adrien caught it.
       You just kept running.
  Ever since Jessica Plory had found out in sixth grade that you had had a crush on Jacob Saverns, she made a revenge plot after you kissed him on the cheek and ruined your life forever when she made you stand in front of them while they made out in the storage closet. You lost your one and only love, and now you were terrified to ever fall in love again.
      As you were running through the halls, you rammed into someone with dark hair and blue eyes and fell to the floor.

      The girl gasped and helped you up, and couldn't stop apologizing

      The girl gasped and helped you up, and couldn't stop apologizing. "It's okay, I'm fine, I guess..." The last part was more to yourself.
      "Again, I'm so so sorry! I'm Marinette." Marinette's voice dripping with kindness, but I still refused to believe she was being nice.
     "I'm y/n. New here." You rubbed the back of your neck and started walking away when Marinette called out, "Wait!"
      You sighed and turned around slowly. "Do you maybe want to be friends?" Marinette asked awkwardly.
    Hmm... You thought. Getting a best friend on the first day of school was definitely not something on my bucket list or my wish list. But it will have to do...
    "Sure." You answer and run away again.
That seemed to be what you were always doing nowadays.
     Running away from all your fears.

-*Back at Home*-

     You run straight through the double doors and try to act like the school day was like any other day, not like it sucked.
     "How was your first day of school, sweetie?" Your mom asks from the couch where she's watching American Idol and sipping coffee.
     "It was okay." You answered.
"Did you make any friends?"
    "Yeah."
  "Were people nice to you?"
    "No." You tried to answer truthfully and after making an excuse that you had a lot of homework you ran up to your room and buried your head in your pillow, swearing to yourself that you would never talk to Adrien again. That way you could prevent yourself from growing feelings.