The Truth of it All

Hello, everyone. I know some of you aren't going to be very happy with me to be reading this right now. A lot of you are probably going to be furious with me for leaving you like this for so long, and for that, I deeply apologize. I apologize once again for what I am about to say next as I know it isn't going to be received all that well.

I do not plan to continue this story. But I will share the rest of what I had planned with it for you.

First, I want to say that I apologize for leading some of you to believe that I would have been continuing this story. At the time of writing that post, I had truly been planning to try rewriting or continuing to write this story. But I started college a few months after that and, well, things change. Life happens. And right now, I'm actually working on my own book series (a psychological romance) that I hope to get published at some point. I really want to be a writer some day as my career and I can honestly say I wouldn't have been able to do it if it wasn't for all of the encouragement I got from all of you guys.

Wattpad was my origin story, but it's time for me to start writing my future. And in all honesty guys, I started writing this fanfic in 2016. It's 2022 and I can look back at some of these updates and not even remember writing them! Which also means I have no fucking clue what else I had planned for it either, lol!!

Thankfully, my past self was smart enough to write out a very rough plot line for the remaining events, which I will be trying to replicate for you here in a second. Honestly, I don't even remember a single detail about the plot so... hopefully some of this will make sense to you guys since apparently it made sense to younger me lol!

I did deal with a good amount of haters on my time here on Wattpad, and, just a note of advice to anyone out there; threats and cruel words are not going to make someone update faster. Kindness and support will. Please treat others the way you want to be treated and know that writing is not as easy as it seems 😅 I may not remember writing this fic, but I do remember slaving over it for hours trying to come up with what the next chapter would entail. Sometimes the only thing pushing me forward was being able to read some of the sweet comments people had left behind, but writing is a lonely work. At the end of the day, it truly is only you and that laptop that are going to be able to get the job done and all you can do is pray that someone out there will support you or like what you have to offer. I started this fic when I was young and lonely and just wanted to find some way to express my voice, and... boy did I have a lot to say!

But now that I look back at it, I honestly just want to keep it as something of my past. Rewriting it just feels wrong, like I'm taking away one of the first pieces I ever wrote and I don't want to do that to myself when I could be focusing on my current projects that will hopefully get me somewhere as an author. I am beyond happy that I was able to give all of you something to look forward to and that I was able to make some friends too because of it, and I'm sorry that I will not be continuing this series.

I hope that you will understand, and I hope that my previous self's notes can make up for it in some sense of the word.

Here we fucking go.

---

To begin, it seems like my previous self had begun writing out two separate scenes for chapters that would occur sometime shortly after the previous one. I haven't touched or edited them in any way from how I found them, but I will include them below here:

-*Your POV*-

Later that night, after defeating the akuma, Marinette had decided to go home early to rid herself of having to go through another awkward chat of silence. You had turned around and began walking home in a sulking manner, not detransforming, just walking along quietly in a slouched position, dragging your staff behind you.