Songs and Bruises

-*Adrien's POV*-

The voice in her head was the one who had been inside her all along.
Nightmare.
"Okay, so we know who it is, but how do we get her out?" I asked Fu as Y/n's eyes popped open and she let out a shrill of terror. Fu sighed and stroked his beard.
Why does he always do that! It looks weird...
Fu looked from me to Y/n, then at the kwamis, and finally, back at Y/n and said, "I have to take some time to process and come up with some possible solution for this. In the meantime, Adrien, I want you to spend time with Y/n 24/7," Fu walked over to a bookshelf and pulled out a rusty old book with a horse engraved on it.
"Nightmare is a very powerful demon. She used to be an actual human until she got sentenced to life as a spirit who travels from one body to the next, sucking up all the prey's negative emotions until she can use it against them to take control and destroy them and their country."
I looked worriedly over at Y/n, who's face was pale white. She sat up and rested her head on my shoulder.
Fu closed the book and set it on a table. "Nightmare is a very powerful, Adrien. And with Y/n being a miraculous holder... It's very unknowing about what could happen if Nightmare can take control over her again. You thought last time was bad? Oh, if she hasn't gone away..." Fu turned away and I heard a slow sigh.
"What else can I do for her?" I asked. I really cared about her, I loved her. If there was anything I could do to make this go away, I would do it.
Fu turned back around. "Right now, it's best that you just are with her all the time. Make sure she doesn't embrace her negative emotions so much as she used to. And Kindle, you have to report to me about how things are going and protect her. When she wants to become Luna Moon but Nightmare has been talking recently, tell her no."
Kindle nodded her tiny horse head.
"And finally, Y/n," Fu walked over to us and examined Y/n's pale face. "I want you to write a song."
A song?
What did that have to do with any of this? All of a sudden, Y/n shot forward. Her eyes went huge. "A song?" She gasped. "I-I can't write. I can't even sing! Do I have to sing it? What is this about? Is it a test? What does this have to do with the situation? How will this help me?"
The questions went faster and faster until Fu put up a hand. She closed her mouth.
"The song can be about whatever you want. It's your choice to sing it. This is will help you to take your mind off of everything and it will help you to get out your emotions. It's not a test."
Fu was pushing us and our kwamis out the door by the last sentence.
"Take care you two, and do exactly as I say. And most importantly," he closed the door enough to that only his right eye was showing. "Be very careful."
And then he shut the door.

............. ................

-*Your POV*-

                It was 7:30 PM.
Your back had been aching all day from the stupid back brace that Adrien had been struggling to help you with and you felt sick from all the medication that the doctors had prescribed. You begged your mom to let you only take a couple of the pills but she made Adrien give you half while she did the other.
              Your entire body had been aching all day ever since they dragged you out of the hospital, and every time you winced Adrien started freaking out.
             Gosh, guess he really did care about you... Stop smiling like an idiot.
   Anyways, Kindle had been a pain, a bigger pain than the pain medication. She had been asking you questions all day long, acting like a therapist asking you how this or that felt and how you felt about it. What does that even mean?
               You had done everything that Fu had asked of you, but the song idea kept swimming in your mind as you tried to push it away.
             You and Adrien had even laid down on your bed and watched five movies in a row while Plagg and Kindle talked and hung out until they eventually passed out on each other on your nightstand.
               After the fifth movie, Broken Hearts, Fences, and other things to Mend, had ended, you noticed that Adrien was asleep. He had passed out on your shoulder, and despite the pain, you smiled. The girl was always supposed to do that, but you couldn't help but think about how cute he looked when he slept.
                You didn't want to wake him up, but you desperately needed to take a shower. And your back brace was killing you right now. You got up ever so slowly, pushing Adrien's head over to rest on the pillow by pressing your mouth against his. What? It was the only thing you could think of...
                Climbing out of bed was even more painful. But then again, every move you took sent a barge of pain through your muscles.
                There was nothing to hold onto, so once you were standing up, you had to be as quiet as possible, you didn't want to wake Adrien or the kwamis up. So, you bit your tongue and held your arms out in front of you, trying to remember how to walk.
                 Thinking about how to walk had made you forget how to.
You knew you probably looked like an idiot, but you eventually made it into your bathroom and gently shut the door shut behind you, leaning against the clean purple tiles in your personal bathroom.
                   Your bathroom was one of your favorite rooms in your apartment. The walls were a very shiny lilac color and the floor was a sky blue carpet until it reached the shower. Above your sink was a giant golden mirror and a full length mirror was plastered on the wall behind you. The shower was one of those fancy ones that you just had to press a button and it automatically shut. Not to mention that whenever you turned the lights on, it turned on the air freshener which made the room smell like a field of daisies.
                  After glancing around the bathroom, you turned to start the painful process of peeling off your clothes. You got down to your underwear and your bra, which the back brace was covering.
                  Trying to take that thing off was so painful you started crying.
It was silent crying, though. You eventually got it off and started crying again once you saw your reflection in the mirror.
                   Sure, you remembered what had happened once Marinette pushed you off the Eiffel Tower, but no one told you what happened to you. You didn't know if you had fallen onto your back or your side or your front. You didn't know how bad the bruises were.
                   Correction, you didn't think it was this bad.
  From your back side, there were bruises of all colors spreading throughout your body and your sides that were glowing with hate. You couldn't even see your s/c skin anymore. Not to mention multiple cuts scraping throughout your back and torso, some cutting through bruises making them trail more blood streaks down your back. You turned forward and got your answer.
                 Your front was not near as bad as your back.
There were multiple cuts and bruises around your sides and neck, but other than that, there were just some purple and yellow bruises on your stomach and legs. That was about as worse as it got.
                 The bandage on your head had gotten taken off, but there were still band-aids stuck all around your forehead and the back of your head had some sort of cuff around it. Mom had told you not to take it off.
                 But that wasn't your other main concern.
It was your face. It hadn't been damaged or anything... But your cheeks were flushed pale, too pale. And your lips were too thin. Your eyes were so red and dark. They were tired.
               You were tired.
Tired of everything.
           Tired of yourself, tired of Nightmare, tired of constantly trying, tired of drama, tired of getting hurt, tired of heartbreaks, tired of hurting people, tired of people hurting you, tired of the flashbacks that keep coming back, tired of everything.
                    They say that the pain will go away eventually, it will leave. You just have to be patient.
                   Yeah, well, they were wrong.
Because the pain certainly wasn't leaving anytime soon, both physically and emotionally.
                   But oh well, too little too late.