Don't Look at the Future

WARNING! Danalpswolf just saw Tomorrowland and has been going around town making chapters of her books relate and terrorizing local police critics. We only ask that you ignore her. And instead, read her Lab Rats fanfics.

-*Your POV*-

As you strolled into your room, still fantasizing about yesterday's events, you grabbed your iPod and a towel, heading into the bathroom to take a shower. You had just taken a painting class at school and let's just say, chartreuse isn't your color.
After you washed off all the paint, you dried your hair while listening to 'The Call' by Regina Spektor and walked over to your vanity, grabbing the Diamond encrusted brush and stroking it gently through your hair. You watched your reflection slowly mimicking you through the glass.
As you were watching closely, you saw a smile start creeping across the glass and you thought nothing of it. Until you realized that your mouth wasn't working to keep it up and you touched your lips, noticing that the mirror didn't copy. You gaped at your reflection, the brush clanging to the floor.
"W-who are you?" You stammered. The reflection just laughed.
"Oh honey. You don't know? It's just me," you watched as she dissolved into Nightmare, "your lovely second soul."
"Get away from me!" You cried, trying to get up, but your legs refused. How is that even possible? Nightmare smirked through the mirror.
"Oh, don't be that way. I just came to talk."
"I don't want to talk to you." You hissed.
"Calm down, freak. All I wanted was to ask you a couple of questions. And just chat with you a little bit. Get to know you better before I completely take over you again." You growled as she held up her armored hand and acted like she was checking her nails.
She noticed you staring daggers and just smiled. "Honey, I've done it before. I can do it again."
"You can't control me."
   She just stared straight back at you, through the mirror. Just staring. "You're wrong, Y/n."
                "No. I'm. Not!" You screamed and chucked the hairbrush at the mirror, watching it as it banged against the mirror and fell back onto the floor with tons of glass... Nothing. You looked back up at the mirror and gasped. The mirror was perfectly fine. And Nightmare was laughing... That oblivious laugh that made you want to pull her through and strangle her.
                    "Do you seriously think you can get rid of me that easily? You have to try harder than that, Sweetheart. Now, are you really going to act this way towards your second soul who had pulled SO many strings to get out of your body and into this mirror just to have a nice little chat?"
                    You gulped. "Fine. I'm sorry. But make it fast, I don't want to sit around here with you for a long time."
She smirked and crossed her armored leg over the other in the same chair you were sitting on. "So, I've been hearing all those terrible feelings that you've been hiding. Watching all those fearful memories, and replaying them over and over again until they're permanently etched into my head. I understand how you feel, Y/n. But I know that you don't believe me so I wouldn't even try. What I'm here to ask you is," she leaned forward, "if I could take you somewhere, somewhere where you could forget everything, where you could start over, where you would be able to have another identity... Would you accept?"
"What are you talking about?" You asked, starting to think that you were also mentally insane. I mean, she came from your head.
"Y/n, you may not believe me, but I've discovered another world. In an alternate universe. I can take you there. But you have to come with me willingly."
                     You just stared at her.
What was going on? "I... I don't understand."
                  "Let me ask you a question. This is just metaphorically, but it requires an honest answer. If I could tell you the exact date, the exact time, the exact second that you die, would you want me to tell you?"
                 "No," you said automatically, "I wouldn't want you to tell me. Because knowing when you're going to die is worse than not knowing. I mean, you would be waiting, just waiting for that day to come. It would drive you insane knowing. So no, I wouldn't want you to tell me. What does that have to do with anything?"
                     Nightmare seemed impressed. "Y/n, in this world that I've found, I have the ability to do that! Anything is possible in this world. There is time travel, jet packs, flying cars, holograms. Everything that you could ever imagine!"
"What is this place?" You couldn't help but ask.
Nightmare's lips curled up into a wicked smile. "The future." She replied nonchalantly. You almost fell backwards in the chair from shock. Nightmare. Of all people discovered the... Future.
"And I want to take you with me." You were so shocked. Your mouth opened to give out a huge yes, but something held you back. Wait a minute... This lady was evil! She tried to kill the only people you loved. And she took over your body, plus, she's the voice inside your head. Your second soul type thing. And all of a sudden, she just shows up, begging to take you with her to the future? For all you know she could be taking you on a one-way ride to hell.
"Nightmare... I'm sorry, but-"
"I get it, you don't believe me. You think it's fake, that this is all just a trick, right? Well, I can prove it to you." You watched as her horn (which hasn't been mentioned recently) glowed until the entire mirror erupted into a cloud of blinding light.
Then suddenly, everything began clear. Big, gorgeous blue skies filled the overhead, soft fields of wheat scattered all around the frame until it led up to... The future. A big, giant city with tiny flying objects swimming around in the sky. There were tunnels and loops and electric blue fields. The tech was as high as it had ever been. It all looked so beautiful, like a dream. A place where you could go and no one would know who you were. You could finally get rid of yourself, once and for all if you went with her. You would be gone. You could change your name, change your story. And Nightmare... You would worry about her later. Right now circled all around this glorious truth. If Nightmare was able to tell you the date you were going to die, who's to say that you couldn't do something amazing? Like fly without the Luna Mask and the need to capture Akumas. You wouldn't have to do all that here.
Then an idea struck. "Nightmare, show me what the world will look like in the next years compared to if I go with you."
Nightmare showed her face and narrowed her eyes at you. "Are you saying you won't go with me?"
You bit your lip. "I don't know."
"Fine." Nightmare snapped and then dissolved, leaving behind a blurry image. You screamed. The world... Your home... It was... Gone. The apartment you lived in was burnt to the ground, flames still licking the brick walls. The Eiffel Tower was gone, nothing but broken pieces on the platform covered in water. The streets were flooded. Ari pollution clouded overhead, a thick smoke whirling around everywhere. Dead bodies filled the streets, some still struggling to survive.
                       "No..." You cried. "This can't be it."
"Oh, but it is, Honey." Nightmare said, returning to the mirror. "This is what the world will look like in the next couple years. So. Your choice. Either you come with me to the future, or you stay here. And die."
                         You grimaced. "I... I want to stay here." You said truthfully.
"You seriously would rather die than go with me to a universe where you could get everything you've ever wanted?" Nightmare shrieked.
                        "No one wants everything."
    "You know, Y/n," Nightmare growled. "you should never look at the future."
                       And suddenly, the mirror shattered. You screamed, tumbling to the floor, and ducking under the vanity. When you looked back up, you saw the mirror had shattered. There were still pieces of the images of Paris in the next years written on every shard you picked up.