Getting to Know Him

-*Your POV*-

      Fifth day at school.
Turns out that you had to do a project in English with a partner. And who else would you get other than your newfound crush. Adrien.
     The last thing you needed was to be paired up with Adrien when his girlfriend was driving you into an endless road of depression. Only yesterday had the comments on all of your social media pages came up from people all over the school who didn't even know you. And it didn't do anything to try reporting, they just kept coming.
JUST GO KILL YOURSELF!
Chloe's hateful words kept repeating... Over... And over... And over again on an endless loop on the MP3 player in your head.
      "Y/n? Did you hear me?" I lifted my dark circled eyes up to greet the teacher at the front of the room. "Huh?" You whisper, letting your curtain of hair cover your face so no one could see you unless they were standing in front of you.
       "You're partners with Adrien."
      "Okay."
Just wait for the comments tonight once Chloe hears about this.

.......... ...........

-*Adrien's POV*-

      I invited y/n over to my house tonight so we could work on the project. She agreed to, and later that afternoon she came over.
     We sat in my room, reading over the directions. I snuck a look at her. The gash on her forehead was covered by her bangs, her scar on her eye was still there, and her eyes had deep circles on them.
      Her eyes started closing slowly until she started falling backwards but caught herself, her eyes popping open to the buzzing of her phone. "Are you okay? You seem really tired." I asked her, putting a hand on her shoulder.
     She shook her head, unlocking her screen entering her into her Instagram page. "Nope. I'm fine."
I know that I shouldn't, but by any chance that this girl would one day be my girlfriend, I needed to know what was going on. So I read over her shoulder. And what I saw was so terrible, it made me snatch her phone away from her to get a closer look.
"Hey!" Y/n cried, desperately trying to get her phone back, but I ran up my ladder to the second loft of my room and clicked a button, making the staircase disappear. Y/n collapsed against the wall.
I read the comments one by one.

Who do you think you are! Boyfriend stealer!
Not only that, she punched Chloe in the face!
Did not!
Actually, she didn't. But if you hear Chloe's side of the story...
WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE? Why are you even going to our school? No ONE LIKES YOU. NO ONE EVER WILL.
WHY WONT YOU JUST KILL YOURSELF ALREADY?

"Y/n..." Her name escaped from my mouth, and I looked down at her. She was balled up in a corner of my room, knees to chest position, sobbing. The tears were streaming down her cheeks, never stopping.
I pushed the ladder button and ran over to her, crouching down next to her.
"Hey," I whispered soothingly, wrapping an arm around her. "It's going to be okay."
"No it's not," she managed between sobs. She looked up at me, her tear soaked face showing nothing but depression. "this happened to me before. It lasted for eleven years. Why do you think I had to move from Italy? I was in such depression I had to move to start over, but the same thing is happening again," she took a deep breath before collapsing against me. "everyone hates me..."
"I don't." I said, hoping it would help.
She lifted her head to look at me. "Promise?"
"Promise."
I meant it.

......... ........

-*Your POV*-

He didn't mean it.
It was impossible, no one had ever cared about you except you mom. But somehow, you felt like you could talk to him. So that's what you did.
We sat on his couch and talked about our past lives, Adrien trying to make jokes to keep you from crying.
You told him about your life story, how you were bullied by Jessica, how she ruined your love life, how you were scared to love again, how you were emotionally unstable. And he told you about himself. He lost his mother. His father hardly even cared about him.
"But I'm lonely most of the time." He said, looking at the floor.

    "I am most of the time too

"I am most of the time too. Sometimes, mom isn't even enough." You managed a soft smile.
"I guess we have a lot in common." Adrien looked at me for a long while with a smirk and you wondered what he was thinking.
"Yeah," You whispered, twirling a lone hair around your finger. Something You always did when you were nervous. "I guess we do."

Adrien walked you home that night. You had a good time, and your heart was swelling every moment you were away from him. You went home with a smile, but it still wasn't enough to last through the nighttime comments that no one else heard.
And certainly no one heard you weeping in bed.