Chapter 6: Dead... or... alive...

Helena's P.O.V.

It is eight o'clock at night as I lay down on my bed. Sleep cannot come quick enough. There is no use knowing that I am not going to be able to fall asleep. My mind is currently racing one hundred miles a minute. It is so hard to shut it off. How can I, after the day I had?

After being kidnapped and taken to the Skullz headquarters, then blackmailed by the leader to break up with Ethan, my boyfriend, if not he will kill him -- there is no sleep that will erase the day away.

"How can I break up with Ethan? I love him." speaking aloud to myself while staring at a picture of us. It was taken at a picture booth during our first date at the carnival. We were laughing and acting goofy both being nervous around each other. It was also when we had our first kiss.

Staring at it, tears roll down my cheeks when I begin to cry. I cried not only for Ethan and his life, but for being attacked on Saturday night. If I wouldn't have gone to that party, I wouldn't have gotten attacked. If I wouldn't have been attacked, then he wouldn't have saved me. If he wouldn't have saved me then he wouldn't have a sick delusional obsession with me that is threatening my boyfriend's life.

"WHY, WHY, WHY?" muffling on my pillow I let the tears roll down my face. "Why is this happening to me?"

Crying silently, I hear my cell vibrate next to me. Grabbing it I see that it is a text from Ethan. Smiling down I open it then read it.

From Ethan: Hey babe, just wanted to make sure you are feeling better. I missed you the rest of the day and can't wait to hold you in my arms in the morning... Love you, sweet dreams baby girl.

To Ethan: I'm doing better babe, thanks for checking in on me... I missed you also... Love you and I hope you also have sweet dreams... XOXO

Sighing heavily, I go to put the phone back on the nightstand but hear the phone ping again. Thinking it is Ethan I cannot help smiling. Opening it my smile disappears when I read the text and who it is from.

From Kane Your ONE and ONLY: Hey Princess, miss me? Hope you are behaving and thinking of a way to dump your Prince Charming... remember... tick tock tick tock... 3 days left until you are completely mine. If not, your fuck boy will pay the consequences. Sleep tight Princess. See you tomorrow.

Chucking my phone across the room I hear it crack. "UGGHH!" screaming at the top of my lungs. "How can he be doing this to me? I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM!"

Throwing myself on the bed I continue to cry as the memories of what Kane told me earlier run through my mind.

Raising his eyebrow in a serious way he says "Then, I will kill him!"

I gasp at his words. "YOU ARE BLACKMAILING ME?"

He cannot be serious. "You are not serious, are you? You cannot kill him! WHY? He did not do anything just like I did not do anything to you. You cannot demand for me to break up with my boyfriend then demand for me to be with you if not you will kill him. What kind of human being are you? I do not even know who the hell you are." I tried sitting up to push him off me, but he just stared at me.

"Why are you doing this to me? Why?" the bastard did not budge when I kept hitting his chest. I think he just found amusement in my rant.

After a few minutes he grabbed both of my wrists and stopped me from hitting him any further.

"Are you done throwing your tantrum princess?" he spat not letting my wrists go.

"NO! Not when it comes to me wanting you to stay the hell away from me. I thought that saving me was you being an amazing human being. But you are nothing but an opportunist a-hole! Who the hell saves someone from being raped then tells them they owe them? Then kidnaps them and brings them to their lair just so they can threaten to kill their boyfriend if they do not break up with them. WHO DOES THAT? I will NEVER break up with Ethan so you can have your way with me. DO YOU HEAR ME? I love him — and you cannot MAKE ME! EVER! YOU MIGHT AS WELL HAD LET ME BE RAPED BY THOSE BASTARDS THAN WANT ME TO DO WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO!!"

Breathing fast after my rant he let go of my wrists and grabbed the back of my head pulling my hair hard.

"Listen to me and listen to me well princess because I am not going to repeat myself to you. You are going to be mine, not fuck boy's, not some other punk ass bitch boy that might come along, but mine. From the second I saw you at the party, you were mine. I do not ever want to hear you say that you rather had been raped by those fuckers than be with me."

"You would had been broken or dead if I wouldn't have stopped them. So, remember that every time you look at me. I.SAVED.YOU. Think want you want of me, but you are here today because of me. The only thing I want is you. I am trying to be nice and thoughtful of your feelings and break up with Prince Charming gently. However, if you choose not to — I will be getting rid of him for you— and like I said, I will kill him. I do not bluff, I do not joke, just I do not give second chances. HE.IS.DEAD. Remember that when you feel like throwing your next tantrum princess. I am giving you until Friday after school to end things with him. If not, lover boy will meet his fate once I am face to face with him." letting go of my hair he got off me. Leaving the room, he slammed the door behind him.

Sitting there frozen I could not comprehend what he had just said to me. Yes, I understand he wants me, and I do not doubt he would hurt Ethan -- but kill him? He wouldn't. He couldn't. Would he?

The door slammed open and shut revealing him a few feet away from me.

"Did you decide?" he asked in a monotone voice.

"Decide what?" I snapped back. I should really learn to keep my attitude in check.

"Whether fuck boy lives or dies."

I did not say a word just glared at him. "I want to go back to school. NOW!"

Tilting his head to the side, he looked at me intently. I had to admit that it scared me.

He walked up to where I was still sitting on the bed slowly -- almost predatory like. Gulping I kept my eyes on him waiting for his next move.

"Did you hear me? I want to go back to school. NOW! You cannot keep me here! It will not make a difference what you say. I am not going to be yours! Get some other girl who is willing to be your submissive slave because I won't be her." I spat getting on my knees so I could at least be eye to eye with him.

He did not say a word just kept his gaze on me then leaned closer to my ear. "You are going to regret talking to me like that. Princess." and with those words he crashed his lips on mine.

After replaying the conversation repeatedly for hours, I must have dosed off to sleep. Tossing and turning throughout the night dreading for the morning to come. In the back of my mind, I knew what I had to do... I just did not want to...

...but then again, I loved Ethan too much to keep him safe and most of all -- alive.

A/N: 02/20/2016

Hello my readers...here's your next Chapter! Hope you liked it! Thanks for all of your support!

I was wondering...would you guys want a POV from Kane? Let me know your thoughts.

What do you think Helena will do? Break up with Ethan or call Kane's bluff?

Thanks for Reading, Voting and PLEASE COMMENT!