Chapter 35: Keeping and breaking a promise...

A/N: 05/21/2016

Hi guys...I decided to update one more chapter for you all. I didn't want to leave you hanging after the last chapter when Helena was drugged...hope you like it.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments and messages you have sent me. I have to admit it warmed my heart that you think highly of me and I also have to admit that I have been crying on and off since yesterday...today marks six months that my grandmother passed away and I am still very much heartbroken over it. 

Anyways...after this chapter I am contemplating in either ending the book and maybe come back with a sequel or continuing for a few more chapters then start a sequel...I will think about it for a while...let me know what you guys think.

Love you guys much and again...you'll read from me in time...

Thanks for Reading, Voting and Commenting.

Kane's P.O.V.

I am getting ready to go pick Helena up to head over my best friend Jimmy's party. He is turning twenty-three years old, so he decided to throw a Birthday bash at his place.

Jimmy and I have known each other since middle school. We had an unfortunate meet the first day of school during lunch period over a girl named Malory Sanchez. I still remember her name.

She was in a few of my classes, including homeroom. We flirted with each other until I asked her to hang out for lunch. Once I got there, I see this tall skinny ass kid flirting with her. I got mad, stepping to him I asked him what he thought he was doing talking to her. Giving me a smart-ass remark, we just started fighting.

The fight was broken up by a teacher then we were sent to the principal's office. He gave us a break though, instead of suspending us, he gave us detention for a week. We ended up talking, getting to know one another seeing that we had a lot in common. Like both our dads being criminals, of course mine being the leader of the biggest organized gang in the state, while his dad being one of the biggest drug dealers in the city. Just picture the conversation we both had about our 'role models'. For sure they were not coming to Career Day at school.

We stuck together throughout middle school then high school becoming like brothers instead of best friends. Besides Donovan and Ace, I trust him with my life.

Sliding my shoes on I hear my cell ringing. Picking it up after looking at the caller I decide to answer it.

"Hello?" wondering what she wants.

"I need to see you." responding without a greeting.

I sigh. "Why?"

"Because I miss you. Should there be any other reason?"

"I am busy, I can pass by tomor--" she cuts me off.

"Tonight. I miss you, please." pleading like she usually does.

Running my hand over my hair I try to explain to her. "I have somewhere to be, I am running late as it is."

"Is it business?"

"No, I – I am picking someone up."

"Someone? Is it a girl? Who is she?"

"Someone. Jimmy is throwing a party for his birthday tonight.

There is silence on the other line. "I have not heard or seen you in a while. Please, I miss you. It will not take too long You can tell her that you have some business to take care off."