Chapter 25: You are what?

A/N: Okay, I need to say this because I still DO NOT understand why some readers ask me this...Kane is casted by Stephen James who is an ex-Soccer player and is a British/Scottish Model...it's in the cast list...

Helena's P.O.V.

After being humiliated in the hallway by Ethan and his friends, I go outside. Losing my appetite, I needed to be by myself.

"Hey. Are you alright?" A voice next to me asks.

Not wanting to speak to him or anyone else I stay quiet.

Sighing he sits next to me. "You should ignore those preppy fucks. They have no idea what they are talking about."

I scoff. "Really? So, Kane is not going to pimp me out to you or the rest of his crew?" Tilting my head I look over at him.

Shrugging he responds. "Not right away. He will wait until he breaks you in then pass you around." He chuckles.

I stand up to leave, is he serious right now? Pulling me back by my hand he stands up. "Hey! Come back. I am just kidding."

Snatching my hand away I turn to glare at him. Donovan gives me an apologetic boyish smile. "Please, I am sorry. I did not mean to joke like that."

Sitting back down I look straight ahead of me not saying anything to him.

"So..." He says after a few minutes of silence.

"So -- what?" I ask not looking at him.

"Do you accept my apology?"

Thinking about it for a few seconds I say. "I guess."

"Thanks. I am sorry."

"Sorry for the joke or sorry for what my life is now?"

"For both." Responding which surprises me.

Knitting my eyebrows together I look at him. "What? I am."

"Why? Are you not in Kane's crew?"

"Yeah, you know I am -- and?"

"And? Well, are you not supposed to be a heartless prick like your leader?"

Donovan cocks his brow shaking his head laughing. "We all are not like Kane."

"Huh. Interesting." Muttering I turn my face away from him.

"Look Helena, I am truly sorry for what you are going through. Kane should not..." I cut himself off.

"Should not have saved me from being raped then threatened to kill my boyfr--, my ex if I did not break up with him so I can forever be with him?"

Donovan sighs as he scratches the back of his neck. "Yeah, except the part about saving you from being raped. No female should go through that." Hearing the sadness in his tone I look at him.

Donovan looks sad as if he is thinking over a memory but then masks it. "Anyways, I am not like Kane."

"I can tell. So, you do not agree with what he is doing to me?" Seriously wanting to know his point of view. Maybe I can get information from him about Kane.

He looks at me then looks away. "No but, there is no reasoning with him. Once Kane sets his mind to something --."

"He will kill anyone to keep it?" I cut in.

"Yeah, in this case." I hear him say lowly.

"You mean he has never done this to another girl?" Shocked to even think that I am the unfortunate girl Kane has done this to. Not that I ever want another girl to go through this at all.