Chapter 31: Brother or not, I will shoot you...

Helena's P.O.V.

I know for a fact that Kane enjoys working my ass off. Just like I knew he would not take it easy on me the first day he started training me, or the second day. Not even the third or fourth -- bastard. To think I was going to give him a smidget of a chance.

Friday came around and I can walk a bit straighter without my legs feeling like jelly. Tuesday morning, I was almost in tears when I woke up. My whole body felt like it was run over by a semi-truck. It even hurt to breathe.

Although I am bitching, I am thankful for Kane showing me how to defend myself. I guess after what happened Monday afterschool, he wanted me to know how to fight without getting hurt. I think the truth is that he wants me to seriously beat the hell out of Ethan if he dares to mess with me. Kane usually has an ulterior motive for what he does.

Stepping out of the door I see him leaning against his car on his phone like usual. Guess being the leader of a huge ass gang keeps you busy twenty-four seven with no breaks. If only he can give me one.

Walking up to him I stop as he looks at me giving me his signature smirk. It is weird to see him show any type of emotion besides scowling, pissed or deadly. Oh yeah, and glaring.

"Good morning, princess. How are you feeling?" He asks putting his phone away then bringing me in for a hug.

"If you are asking if I am able to walk like I do not have a stick up my ass? Then I am fine." Making him chuckle he kisses my forehead.

"Lucky stick."

"It would be you to be jealous of a stick Cruz." Shaking my head as he opens the door for me like he does each time. To think Kane can kill someone point blank yet be a gentleman. It boggles my mind.

Going around the car he opens his side and sits down. "Anything that involves going near you or in you, I will be. Unless it is me inserting my d--."

"Okay. STOP! My virgin ears. Sheesh! Why is everything sexual with you?" Covering my ears, he starts to laugh and to be honest, I like his laugh.

"Come on princess, you should be used to it by now. If you would like, I can devirginize your ears also once I take your virg--."

"Lalalalalalalalala! I cannot hear you -- you perv!" Sticking my fingers in each ear I start chanting not wanting to hear him.

Kane continues to laugh, and it is a sight for sore eyes. He has a great laugh. I just wish he would do it more often, but I guess that is wishful thinking.

He pulls up to the student parking lot which he has been doing all week. In the distance we see Donovan and the other four guys who are supposed to be my 'protectors' as Kane likes to call them. Donovan hates it when I still refer them as his 'lap dogs'.