Pit Stop

"Wake up, Diane." Sam shook him gently. Dean woke up slowly. He sat up in the car and rubbed his eyes, cursing those long lashes. "Dad stopped to get a few things. He told me to wake you up in case you needed anything. I'm gonna go use the bathroom real quick." He said. "Yeah, me too." He squirmed and undid his seatbelt. They walked to the restrooms and Dean almost followed Sam into the men's. "What are you doing?" Sam squinted. "I-uh... Oh, is this the men's room? Oops! I didn't even realize." Dean walked into his own bathroom, throwing his long blonde hair back and tossing in a girly laugh for good measure. He did not need Sam getting suspicious and squealing to their dad. So Dean went into his own bathroom, wishing he could use the men's, just as much as Sam could. He loved his brother, but it hurt to see the things he could do that Dean couldn't. He came out of the bathroom and plastered on a fake smile. Why did his features have to be so girly? "Hey, Diane. Dad got us some Twinkies." Dean immediately brightened up, the smile real now. "Pie?" He asked. Sam laughed and nodded. "Yeah, he got you an apple pie thing. I think it's one of those gooey sugar-coated half-pies." Sam answered. He loved to see Dean's face when he mentioned pie. Dean happily got his pie from John and started mowing down. "It's not ladylike to eat like that." Dean took a deep breath. People didn't need to remind him of his femininity so damn much! "Sorry. Just hungry, I guess." Dean muttered. "We're almost to the motel! Can you two just keep your damn panties out of a bunch please?" John groaned. "I can, but Diane can't." "Stop! Just leave me alone, Sam!" Dean snapped. Now, Sam was curious. Diane usually didn't get like this. But he was poking at her for being girly... Sam shook it off and turned back to the road. John was just pulling into the parking lot and Dean couldn't get out fast enough. "Jesus, Diane! I barely got the keys out!" John shouted at him. "Sorry! Gotta pee!" He yelled back. "That girl has the bladder of a squirrel." His dad said to Sam. "Yeah." Sam agreed distractedly. Dean didn't catch anymore, he was finally inside the motel. He leaned against the door until Sam knocked it open. "Ah!" Dean squealed as he fell to the ground. Sam immediately knelt beside him. "Oh my god, sis! Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. "Yeah, Sam. I'm fuckin wonderful." Dean glared. "Sorry." Sam said. "It's alright. Aren't you and dad going to that case?" Sam smiled. "Yeah! He thought it was time for you to learn how to hunt!" He exclaimed. "Dad waited sixteen years to let me hunt?" Dean glared even more. Sam's face fell a little. "Well, yeah, but haven't you always wanted to hunt?" He asked. "Honestly, I've never wanted anything more than to hunt with you guys. But right now, I want to be left the fuck alone." Dean got up and lugged his suitcase beside the bed. Sam knew something was up. He should've trusted his instincts in the first place. "Diane, what's up?" Dean cocked his head, feigning confusion. "What do you mean?" He asked. Sam pursed his lips. "You know what I mean. Something is wrong and I want to know what it is." Dean shook his head. "Nothing is wrong, Sam." He unpacked, keeping his head low. Sam didn't budge. "Diane, I know something is wrong." Just then, John's head popped inside the motel. "Are we leaving or not?" He demanded. Sam sighed. "Yeah, Diane isn't coming with us." "Well, then let's go!" John barked. Sam nodded once. "I'm not letting this go. I'm going to find out what's wrong with my sister." He declared. Sam left the motel, Dean feeling broken and wanting to smash something. Sam had shown him once, how to shoot a gun. He'd even given  Dean his own. Dean closed his fingers around the small metal handgun. He took a deep breath as the Impala flew out of the parking lot, and slipped out of the motel. Dean let a small smile play on his lips as he walked to the shooting range nearby. He'd seen it on the way in, wondering if Sam and his dad would go there during their stay. Dean flashed his fake ID to the clerk and she let him in. It was a little scary how relaxed she was with her job. Dean put on some earmuffs and started shooting the target, anger leaving with every bullet.