Seeing Gabriel

The day didn't get better. They were all cleared to see Gabriel, and Sam had snapped out of his shock, but that didn't mean anything. "Sam, do you want to go see Gabriel?" Dean asked gently. Sam stared at him for a moment. "I....don't know." He said quietly. "I think it would be good for you. Maybe give you a little closure?" Castiel suggested. Sam nodded. "Maybe. Why did this happen? Why couldn't the driver have just been sober?" Sam implored. "I'm sorry, Sam." Dean and Castiel replied in unison. Sam let out a frustrated noise, shooting up from his seat. "Fine! Let's go see my comatose boyfriend!" He announced, his voice dripping with sarcasm and bitterness. Dean nodded resignedly, looking to Castiel for help with getting back in his wheelchair.
*¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥*
Gabriel was pale, laying in a hospital bed, a single light blue sheet splayed haphazardly over his body. Sam let out a yelp at the sight, instantly moving beside his boyfriend. He cautiously took Gabriel's hand, feeling none of the usual warmth the boy had always to contain. "Why?" Sam whimpered. The hand he held didn't squeeze back, and Gabriel didn't wake up.

"Why did this happen?" He asked again. He let his head drop onto Gabriel's cold arm. "All I wanted was for you and me to be together. That's it, that's all. Couldn't I just have that?" Sam looked up now, beginning to yell at the ceiling. "You should've just taken me!" He shouted loudly. He heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" He yelled furiously. The door opened and Dean rolled in, followed, of course, by Castiel. The black-haired boy pushed Dean beside Sam. Dean didn't lay a hand on Sam right now. He knew he just needed to be left alone. Castiel did not. "I'm sorry this happened, Sam." He said softly, setting his hand on Sam's shoulder. Sam flinched away from it, grabbing it tightly. "Don't," he commanded. "Touch me."
Castiel nodded. "I apologize." He moved away from Sam, pulling a chair on the other side of Gabriel's bed and sitting down. He ran his hand through Gabriel's hair. Sam stood suddenly. "I'm going out." His voice held nothing, no emptiness, no bitterness, no sadness, no happiness. Nothing. Dean flinched from it. He had never heard that tone in his entire life.