Too Close For Comfort

Well, I should get going. I've got a long day tomorrow, what with you layin' in that bed all day." Bobby declared with a grin, standing up from his chair. He gave Dean a hug, and left. With Bobby gone, Castiel and Dean were thrown into a slightly uncomfortable silence. Dean shifted a bit in his bed while Castiel did the same. Finally, one of them spoke. "Cas?" Dean got the attention of his friend. "Yes, Dean?" "What did you mean....back at the coffee shop?" Dean asked. "What do you think I meant? I simply stated I was pansexual." Castiel smiled innocently at Dean. Dean smirked back. "Well, why did you say it?" Castiel didn't say anything else. He sat in his chair for a moment, before he stood up. "Why are you asking?" He stepped closer to Dean. "I asked you first. Fess up." Dean grinned cheekily. Castiel, again, did not speak. He began to unroll the covers on the left side of Dean's hospital bed. "W-what are you doing?" Dean stuttered. "Nothing." Castiel stared back at Dean as he slid into the bed, all innocence. Dean moved further right, making room for Castiel. He was unable to form a coherent sentence now. He watched as Castiel crawled into bed beside him, pulling up the covers, propped himself up on his right elbow and leaned in close to Dean. "Why do you think I said it?" He whispered in a low voice. Dean shivered. "I-I don't...know." Dean stared into Castiel's eyes as the black-haired boy leaned closer in, nearly letting his forehead rest on Dean's. "Dean!" The scream was loud, and shrill, and Castiel and Dean both snapped their eyes to Sam. Sam was shaking, tears visible down his face and his phone ready to slip out of his hand. "Sam, what's wrong?" Dean asked, immediately going into big brother mode. "Gabriel."