Gabe Wakes Up

Sam walked into the hospital room, well past visiting hours. He had used his lock picking skills aqquired from years of hunting. And tough love to drill it into him. Sam shivered slightly at the remembrance of John's beatings, all those welts that showed up where no one else would see them, marks from the belt he'd used on Sam. He didn't ever want to take off his shirt. He didn't go swimming, unless he was on a case that required him to do so, and he never looked at his body in the mirror. That wasn't too hard, considering most motel mirrors were rather small.

Sam stumbled over to Gabriel's bed, exhausted from having cried for so long, and knelt beside it. "Gabriel, you need to come out of this. You gotta come back to me, baby. I know it's hard. I know you're not you right now, but you can't stay lost. I'll be right here waiting when you wake up, G-Gabriel." Sam's voice cracked on his boyfriend's name. He hadn't gotten to have a boyfriend at all. He'd gotten a rug ripped out from under him instead. "You...you can't leave me, Gabe. I can't h-handle....losing...you." Sam shuddered as tears he hadn't even realized we're still there came tumbling over his cheeks. He angrily wiped at his face for the millionth time that day, not willing to show this weakness. Even in this room, with nobody but him and Gabriel, he couldn't bring himself to cry.

"Sam..." Sam's head snapped up, knowing that voice anywhere. His heart pounded in his chest, slamming against his ribcage, as he stared into Gabriel's whiskey-colored eyes. The boy had a small, sickly grin on his face. Gabriel outstretched an arm toward Sam. "Come here, my moose." He whispered. Sam instantly obliged, wanting nothing less. "I thought you'd leave me." Sam mumbled. Gabriel tucked his arm around Sam, the other boy feeling warm fro the first time since Gabriel had been admitted. "I'll never leave you, Sam Winchester." Gabriel replied.