The Righteous Man

It was a long time before Dean stopped speeding and he wondered how he didn't have a few tickets already. Sam was wide awake in the passenger seat. Dean kept a tight grip on the wheel, now lowering his speed to the appropriate limit. "I'm sorry, Sammy." He said quietly. Sam looked at him like he was nuts. "For what?" He asked. Dean sighed. "I know dad hurt us and he was awful. But I don't know what's going to happen. All I know is that it's all going to be my fault." Sam placed a hand on Dean's surprisingly large bicep. "I'd still be getting hurt if you hadn't saved me." He whispered, just loud enough for Dean to hear. "Thanks." Dean smiled sadly. He placed a small kiss on top of his brother's head and drove until he was a few states over. "I think we should stop at a motel for the night, Dean." Sam stated. Dean knew he was right and at the next motel they saw, he rented one room. It had two beds and a bathroom. It was all they needed. Dean hadn't taken any of John's money when he left, so he only had the money he'd rustled up playing pool. The men that smirked at him because he had boobs and asked if they'd play a game shyly, had been utterly pissed when they'd been beaten by shy-boobs. "I need a shower." Sam muttered, walking into the bathroom. "Save some hot water!" Dean called. "No promises!" He heard Sam yell back. Dean laughed lightly and pulled his buzzing phone from his pocket.
ƈąƖƖ ʄཞơɱ: ʝơɧŋ ῳıŋƈɧɛʂɬɛཞ
The little screen read. Dean smirked a bit as he shut his phone off.