chapter two:

Olly P.O.V.

Keira had invited me to stay for the whole week, I didn’t really mind as its better then going back to an empty flat. I’ve already spent 3 nights here, and Issy was ignoring me. I never got a minute alone with her, because Keira was always there. I just wanted to talk to her, but she wouldn’t even make eye contact with me. Even Keira pointed it out. Keira asked Issy what I’d done but she’d say nothing and go somewhere. She’d bought Alfie home (her boyfriend) which did make me jealous. I don’t even know why? I had Keira, Keira was my girlfriend. But they’d snuggle up on the sofa and watch movies and kiss and I couldn’t help but stare. Keira noticed and kissed me, I’d brush her off and carried on watching the movie. Oh yeah, and this party is coming up in 2 days, great. More Issy and Alfie kissing. Just what I needed. “Hey Olly,” Alfie said, “you coming to the party on Saturday?” Keira and Alfie looked at me, but Issy kept her eyes focused on the TV, covered in a duvet and Alfie’s arms. “erm, yeah, should do mate, if that’s okay” “Yeah mate, of course! There may be some girls who might want your autograph and pictures and shit! But I’m sure that’s normal for a geezer like you.” He laughed and kissed Issy on the head. She rolled her eyes.

I heard Issy in the hallway saying goodbye to Alfie “bye, see you on Saturday.” And he kissed her. On the lips. It was a long one. I peered my head round the doorway and they were kissing. And then he put his hands on her bum. I was fuming. She took them off and pushed him out the door “Bye!!” she shouted and closed it right away. “Issy..” I began saying, until Keira came down the stairs. “Aw Alfie gone? You two make such a good couple! Don’t they Olly?” Keira said, poking me. “mhmm.” I said, “going to bed now, busy day tomorrow.” “night” Keira said. And as always, Issy said nothing. “Same, night” Issy said. Heading upstairs. I ran up behind her, while Keira stayed downstairs. “Issy” I whispered “we’ve got to talk, why are you ignoring me?” “nothing to say. Night Olly.” I threw my head back. “come here” I said, bringing her towards me, and I just, I kissed her. I wasn’t thinking, but I kissed her. She kissed me back, until she pushed me away and ran into her bedroom, locking the door behind her. “Issy, Issy” I kept whispering at her door. There was no response. I went back into the spare room and fell asleep.

Issy’s P.O.V.

I couldn’t sleep at all last night. I blame Olly. Why did he have to kiss me, again. But oh my god he was a good kisser. I heard a knock on my bedroom door. “come in” I said, rubbing my eyes and yawning. “Issy I’m going out for about 2 hours, I’ll be back soon okay! Olly’s still asleep but tell him I’ll be back soon!” I didn’t have time to respond as she left before I could get a word in. I got up, went downstairs to make myself a cup of team and sat on the sofa, wrapped in my blanket, still in my Monsters Inc pyjamas and messy hair and no make-up. I looked grim. I put on the TV and started watching Jeremy Kyle. After 1 hour and 45 minutes Olly came down, in his boxers. Oh my god. I couldn’t stop staring. “What are you looking at?” he said, laughing. “n-nothing” I said, looking back at the TV. He sat next to me. “Issy, I’m sorry about before, I wasn’t thinking and I just, well, I like you, a lot.” As those words escaped his mouth I got butterflies in my stomach, extreme ones. He leant in to kiss me, and then we heard to door slam. I jumped and fell off the sofa, grabbing Olly so he came with me. He fell on top of me, just as Keira entered. I pushed Olly off me. “this is not what it looks like, you made me jump and I fell and grabbed Olly and-“ she started laughing. “it’s fine! It’s good to see you’re getting on! I thought you hated each other. There’s no way you two would of done anything! You’re my boyfriend and you’re my best friend!” we both awkwardly laughed. Keira walked out, still laughing down the hallway. Olly handed me his hand to pull me up, I grabbed it and he pulled me up, and he kissed me. I slapped him. “Oh my gosh Olly I’m so sorry!” he was rubbing his cheek, it was bright red. “I’ll get you back for that.” He squeezed my bum and went to see Keira. I was feeling so guilty. I kissed my best friend’s boyfriend, well, he kissed me but I kissed him back. Oh my god, I felt sick.