chapter thirty eight:

Olly's P.O.V.

It was 8 in the evening and I was finally making my way home. I pulled up in the driveway and quickly went in, trying not to wake up Issy. She wasn't asleep. She was crying. Shit. I hated it when she cried. "Is..." I said. As soon as she heard me, she wiped her eyes and turned to the window. I sat on the sofa next to her. "Issy?" I said, one last time. I sighed and got up. "Ol..." she begins, turning away from the window looking at me. It looked like she was crying for hours. "I'm..so sorry" she said. I shrugged and sat next to her. "I literally think I've been crying for about 4 hours straight." she said, resting her head on my chest. "Why?" I asked her, stroking her hair. "I was so angry with myself, about what I said to you, and then I ws angry at you for ignoring me when I was struggling, and then I'm missing Dad so much, and I told mum about Australia and she didn't like the fact that I was going to be so far away." Please. Don't. Go. I thought to myself. "Issy?" I said. She looked up. "I love you so much." I said, kissing her forehead. "I love you too." she said, sitting up and kissing my lips. "Are you hungry?" she nodded. "Let's see what we have." I got up and she followed me to the kitchen. "Oh my gosh, Issy, look!" I said, dragging her outside. "Olly, it's cold!" she moaned. I ignored her and dragged her outside. "Oh, wow." she said, looking up at the stars. I got down on the floor, laying my back on the grass. "What are you doing?" she said, towering over me. "It's prettier." I admitted. She got down and laid her back on the grass. "This is...wow, Olly." I nodded even though she couldn't see. I grabbed her hand, as we both lay on the grass looking up at the stars shining in the sky. "Olly..." she began. "Yeah?" she thought for a bit. "Doesn't matter." I let it go and we were lying there for a good 20 minutes. "I'm going inside, it's cold." Issy said, getting up and going inside. I got up after her and followed her inside. "Olly, I'm going to get the kids. I expect a nice meal to be cooked." she said, winking at me. "Better get started then." I said, rumaging around the cupboards.

Issy's P.O.V.

"Thank you, again, Mum." I kissed her cheek and left. "Let's go." I said, putting them into their car seats. We arrived home and we were back within 45 minutes. "Mmm, something smells nice." I said, walking in the door with Holly and Scott. "Daddy!" Holly and Scott said, running up to him. "Hello you's!" he said, picking them up. "Go and get your pjs on, dinner will be ready soon." and they did. "What are you cooking?" I asked him, snooping around the cooking, stirring the food. "Lasange." "mmm, my favourite." He nodded as to say 'I know'. He knew me so well. I sat down at the table and waited. Holly and Scott came down the stairs and sat at the table. "Who's excited?" I said. They both nodded and soon it was on the table. "Say thank you Daddy!" I said and they repeated me.

"Olly, that was delicious" I said, kissing his cheek. I collected the plates and put them in the dishwasher. It was 9:30 and the kids weren't tired at all. "Mummy can we watch a movie with you and Daddy?" I nodded and told her to pick a film. Olly and I say on the sofa with Scott on my lap, snuggling him. Ollys hand was draped over the top of the sofa, just reaching me. Holly chose a film and she stuck it on. "Tangled... Good choice Hols." Olly sighed. Holly sat in the middle of Olly and I, cuddling up to Olly. My perfect family.

Tangled had finished and I turned it off. I looked down to see Scott was asleep, and then looked to the left to see Holly and Olly asleep. I didn't want to disturb them. I grabbed a blanket from the top of the sofa and draped it over the four of us. In a few minutes I was asleep.

Olly's P.O.V.

*ring ring* "hello?" I said, rubbing my eyes. No answer. "Hello?" I looked at the caller ID - unknown. weird. I put my phone down and it immediately started ringing again. "What?" I shout/whispered. "Olly.. It's me." I heard Rupert say. "Sorry mate, it's early..." He laughed. "Fancy going out today?" "Yeah sure, where?" I asked. "You could help me decorate this house for the Mrs." "Course, I'll come round at 11" "See you then." He said, and we hung up. I gently moved Holly off me and made my way to the kitchen. I put on the kettle and felt someones hands wrap around my waist. "hey you." Issy said, kissing my neck. "Go and sit down, I'll make you some breakfast." she said, moving to the toaster. "You're the best." I said, kissing her. I sat down at the kitchen table and waited. Holly came in seconds later. "What time is it?" she said, rubbing her eyes. "7.30." Issy and I said together. "Do you want some breakfast, sweetie?" Issy asked, Holly nodded. "Going to go and check on Scott." I said, getting up from the table, walking to the living room. "Hello little man." I said,picking him up as he stirred. I walked into the kitchen. "Look who's up." I said, cuddling him. He giggled and I put him in the high chair. "Here we go." Issy said, handing me and Holly some toast covered in Nutella. "Thank you Mummy!" Holly said. "Cheers, darlin'" I said, kissing her cheek. "What you doing today then?" she said, taking a bite of her own toast and feeding Scott his breakfast. "Going to pop round Rupert's... He wants me to help him decorate a room for his Mrs." she nodded. "What do you wanna do today?" she asked Holly. "I need a new doll!" Holly said, pouting. "Looks like we're going shopping." Holly clapped and ate her breakfast.

"Right, see you later gorgeous." I said, kissing Issy. "Bye, have a nice day." "Bye Hols, bye Scott." I said, giving them hugs. And I left. I got in my car, switched on the radio and started driving. 'Right Place Right Time' came on and I found myself dancing and singing to my own song. I laughed to myself. I parked outside Rupert's house and knocked on his door. "Olly!" he said, giving me a hug. "Alright, mate?" he nodded and let me in. "Love your house mate." I said, walking upstairs to the room we were decorating. "Basically, I want it to look like a child's room." "Why?" he smirked at me. "You!!" I said, giving him a hug. "Congrats mate!!" I said, shaking his hand. "Cheers mate, we found out two days ago, been absolutely buzzing." "I can understand. Let's get this ready then." He nodded, we rolled up our shirts and began.

"Thanks for today mate. Means a lot." I smiled and shook his hand. "I'll see you soon, mate." he nodded and I set off. I got home and saw Issy sitting on the sofa with Scott. "This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed at home, this little piggy had roast beef, and this little piggy had none. And this little piggy went..." she started tickling Scott from his feet to him head. "All the way home!" he started giggling uncontrollably. "My turn, my turn!" I said, sticking my hand up. She looked up and winked. I took off my jacket and sat down. "Good day?" she asked, putting on Scott's clothes. I nodded. "Great, you?" Holly got a new doll, she's upstairs playing with it now." I laughed. "issy?" "Hmm?" "Let's go on holiday." "Are you crazy?" she said. Was I? "No, just us 4. Tomorrow. Let's go?" "You're not joking, are you?" I shook my head. "Olly I'm going to Australia in 2 weeks." she sadly reminded me. "Let's go to New York for 4 or 5 days? Not a long time, just us." I could see she was considering it. "I must be mad to accept." "So that's a yes?" "Yes." she said. I moved over and kissed her. "I'll book the tickets!" she laughed and went upstairs, carrying Scott. I opened my iPad, went onto Thomas Cook. 4 tickets to New York... done. "We're leaving tomorrow at 5 in the evening!" She quietly screamed. "Hols, we're going to New York tomorrow!" Holly screamed, loudly. I laughed to myself. "I'm just going to see dad." "Do you want us to come?" "It's okay. I'll go on my own, you start packing!" She laughed and I left.

I arrived at the hospital and went into his room. It was empty. Where could he be? The bed sheets were made, no chairs...he couldn't have...died? I sat down and looked up. A nurse went past. "Excuse me?" She looked at me, a bit star struck. "Woah." She said quietly. "Sorry?" I said, pretending like I didn't hear it. "Nothing...how can I help you?" "Pete Murs? He's my dad and he wasn't in his room..." she looked in her clipboard. "He's been discharged." I thanked her and got in my car and raced home.

I got there and knocked on their door. Mum answered. "Mum, why didn't you tell me he's been discharged?" I said, hugging her. "I did, I left you a message." I checked my phone. "I didn't get it." I shrugged and went in to see dad. "How you doing, Dad?" I asked. He shrugged. "Better than before." I laughed. "Listen, Issy, the kids and I are going to New York tomorrow - random!" "Wow Olly, it's going to be great. But isn't she going to Australia soon?" I nodded and looked down. "Yeah, we're only going for a couple of days." They both nodded and I sat down and had a cup of tea.

"I better be getting back, I'll see you the minute I get back." Mum laughed. "Have a lovely time" I nodded. "I will, look after dad." he stuck his thumbs up and I left. I arrived home. "hello?" I called out. "Up here!" Issy called, coming from the bedroom. I walked in, fuck. "Issy what has happened?! It looks like a bombs hit it!" She laughed. I looked down at the clothes all over the floor. "where is the carpet?" I said, laughing. "Olly I love my clothes okay!" I laughed and grabbed her by the waist, pulling her into bed. "So...the kids are asleep." I said, kissing her nose. "I guess they are...Time for bed." she said, winking at me. I scoffed and cuddled her. "This time tomorrow, we'll be in New York, just us 4. My perfect family." I kissed her and cuddled her to sleep. "Issy, please don't go to Australia?" No answer. I looked down to see she was fast asleep, great. I kissed her hair and drifted into a deep sleep.

~VOTE FOR NEXT CHAPTER~