chapter thirteen:

Issy’s P.O.V.

It was 10 days till Christmas, I was so excited. I love Christmas, who doesn’t? It’s the second one without Dad, but we’re going to visit him. Well I visit him every other day and I know mum does visit him too. Last Christmas was worse, it was just Mum and I. But now, its Mum, Olly, me and my bump. I still haven’t given birth yet, but its due soon. A week or so. It’s been painful, never again. Olly had moved in now, fully. He had his flat up on the market so there was no chance of him going. “Olly, what have I told you? Put the flippin’ toilet seat down!” I shouted at Olly, spitting my toothpaste into the sink. “Sorry! I forget I live with two women!” he said, leaning up against the door, staring at me. I shoved his face and went downstairs, followed by Olly. “Do you ever hang up Christmas decorations?” Olly said. I stopped. And nodded. I walked away to mum. “I’m sorry if i..” he began saying. “Don’t be silly, Olly. It’s just that ever since Issy was little, Scott and her would put them up together, and it’s been hard.” Mum said. Olly came straight up to me, and gave me the biggest hug. “Hey it’s okay, why don’t you and me do them?” I asked him. He smiled “I’d love to, Issy.” Giving me a peck on the lips.

3 hours later, Olly and I were still putting up the decorations. Everything for Olly had to be perfect, he was a perfectionist. “Olly, I’m so tired! It’s been 3 hours, it looks perfect!” I said to him, looking onto the house. It was perfect; there were lights, and Santa’s and reindeers. “And, perfect.” He pressed the button and the lights were on. “wow.” I simply said. He came up to me; put his arm around my shoulder. “wow.” He repeated. He kissed me on my head and we headed inside. “Issy, Olly, it’s beautiful!” Mum said, giving us a hug. “It was mainly Olly.” I said, squeezing his cheeks. He blushed a bit. I sat down on the sofa, and Olly sat next to me. He placed his hand on the bump and started singing to it.

“twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are..”

And so on, but I was so tired, I just fell asleep.

“Owwww!” I screamed, leaping up out of the bed. Olly and Mum came rushing in. “What’s wrong babe?!” Olly said, panicking. “Contractions” I said, lying back down. His face looked like he was relieved. Same. I don’t want to go into labour. Apparently, it kills. Great, nice one. Olly dapped a flannel on my forehead. “It’s so hot in here.” I said, wiping my forehead on my sleeve. “only a little while long, gorgeous.” Olly said, kissing my forehead. I smiled and they left the room. Only a little while longer, Issy. Only a little while longer.

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!” Olly shouted at me. I got up and looked at the clock. “It’s 7 o’clock get away.” And shoved his face. He picked me up and took me downstairs. “Get off me!” I screamed, but he was having none of it. “Santa’s been!!” he said, like an excited 7 year old. “Olly, how old are you?” he half smiled and went to his presents.

“C’mon, get the camera ready!” I said, as Olly and I got in the spot where we needed to be. Every Christmas, Mum and Dad would take a picture in the same place, by the fireplace and half of the tree, of us three. Dad would always get in a state about us not being in the correct position, or if the tree was positioned wrong.

“Esmé! To the left! Issy, what are you doing?! I want a serious face!” “But Dad, that’s boring!” “Isabella, we have the same photo every year, so we’re doing the- what’s with the tree? It’s in the wrong position!” Mum and I laughed. “This is not funny, Isabella.” I ran up to him and gave him a kiss. “I love you, daddy.” He smiled and went back to the camera. “okay, I think we’re ready. ONE TWO THREE.”

“Okay, I think we’re ready.” Mum said, getting herself to Olly and I. “It’s set on a ten second timer. Get yourself ready!” I looked down and saw a puddle of water. “Mum..” she looked at me and looked down. “OH MY GOD ISSY!” she screamed, Olly looked down and started panicking. *flash* we completely forgot about the camera and Olly went to get the hospital bag, and Mum got me into the car. “OWWWWW” I screamed, panting heavily. “It’s going to be okay, oh my god” Olly said, as I squeezed his hand. “sorry” I said, letting go, but he didn’t. Mum drove like a mad man to the hospital, trying to dodge the traffic. We got there and she hurried me out of the car. “My daughter is having a baby!” she screamed at the receptionist. “Okay okay” she said, calling someone. A wheelchair arrived and they wheeled me to the delivery room. Only one person was allowed in with me, and Mum said Olly could as he was the father.

“Come on Issy, almost there.” The doctor said, multiple times. “it’s okay babe!” Olly said. I was squeezing his hand so hard; I don’t know how I didn’t break his hands. “You’ll never come near me again, Murs.” I said, he awkwardly laughed. “I love you too.” “ARGHHHHHHHHH” “You did it!” the doctor said. I laid my head back, Olly was smiling at the nurse holding our baby. “Do you want to see your baby girl?” “I’ve got a daughter?” Olly said, walking over to the nurse. She nodded and handed the baby to me. “Have you got any name ideas?” I shook my head but Olly nodded. I looked up at him, smiling down at our baby girl. “I love you.” I said and he kissed me. “Well done, gorgeous. She’s perfect.” The doctor’s walked out, leaving Olly and I alone with our baby girl. “She’s so perfect” I said, almost crying with happiness. “she’s our little girl, Issy.” He bent down and took her off me. “I love you, miss no name, I’m going to spoil you rotten.” Mum came in. “Oh my goodness, she’s beautiful!” she said, handing me a photo. “Here.” I looked at it, and burst out laughing. “Oh my god.” I said. Olly looked at it, and started laughing. It was the photo from earlier. There was me looking down, Mum looked worried and Olly screaming. “Going to keep this forever.” I said, holding the photo on my heart, drifting into sleep.