chapter eighteen:

Issy’s P.O.V.

You need to tell him. I repeated to myself. You need to tell him. Olly and I were finally alone after a couple of hours surrounded by our crazy families. He was by the door, saying goodbye to Holly and the families. He came back to me. He looked so happy. “What did you want to tell me, gorgeous?” he said, holding my hand with a massive smile on his face. “I-I” I said. He was looking me straight in the eyes, looking gorgeous. “It doesn’t matter, it was nothing.” I couldn’t. I just couldn’t tell him. “You sure?” I nodded. “Just missed you loads.” He smiled and kissed me. “I missed you too.” He sat down on the chair, and I lifted my head back. I can’t tell him. It will break him. He doesn’t need to know.

1 month had passed and I was finally out of the hospital. “Olly, I can open the door! I’m not an invalid.” I said, as Olly ran in front of me to hold the door open. He laughed, but still held the door open. “I have to look after my princess.” I smiled and kissed him. He took my hand and we walked to the car. “We’ll go and pick Holly up from my parents’ house and then we’ll go home.” Olly said, I nodded and got in the car. Issy, you’ve GOT to tell him. I kept thinking to myself, over and over. I hated living with this; I didn’t want any secrets between us. I decided I was going to do it, as soon as we got home. “Ols, do you think your parents could have Holly one more night? Can we be alone tonight?” He smiled “Of course.” He pulled over and called his parents. “they said it’s fine, sweetie.” I smiled and he carried on driving.

“I’m going to order Chinese. Normal order?” Olly asked, I nodded my head and stuck on the TV. I had my speech all planned out. How everything was going to go. I couldn’t handle this weight over my shoulder. He got off the phone and sat down next to me. He put on his second favourite film – Back To The Future. We started watching it and the doorbell rang. “Chineseeeee!” he sang. He answered it and paid the man. He came in and put it on the table. “Olly.. before we start, I need to tell you something.” “You look serious..What’s up gorgeous?” he said. I hate myself right now. “When we..when we broke up, I was, I was lonely, I went out with a friend, and he took me back to his, and we.. slept together.” I said, finally. His smile suddenly faded and he looked hurt, sad, lonely. “I was completely out of it, and I woke up in, in his bed, the, urm, the next morning. He told me we did, but I didn’t remember it.” He broke his eye contact with me and looked down at his lap. He sniffed in “Who was it?” he asked, in a calm voice. I breathed in. “Tay-Taylor.” I said. He suddenly got up and grabbed his car keys. “Olly where are you going?” he didn’t listen to me and got in his car. I quickly got in mine and followed him. Of course. Taylor’s. I told him where Taylor lived ages ago. Fuck. We arrived there within 15 minutes. Olly stormed out of his car and I ran up to him. “Olly, Olly stop.” I said, putting my hands on his chest. “Get off me.” he said, moving my hands away from his chest. He moved me out of the way and marched up to Taylor’s door. He banged heavily three times. I tried pulling Olly away but he was having none of it. Taylor answered, looking shocked. “Hello..” he said. Olly stepped in and put his arm against Taylor’s throat, pinning him to the wall. “Olly!” I shouted. He ignored me, again. “I swear to god, I am going to fucking end you.” Olly said, still pinning Taylor to the wall. “I don’t-I don’t know what you’re on about!” Taylor said, trying to gasp for air. “Olly stop it!” I screamed. He looked at me, and back at Taylor. “You fucking took advantage of my girlfriend and slept with her!” he shouted. Taylor looked smug. “Have you got a problem with that?” Taylor said, smiling. Olly took his arm away from Taylor and turned around. He suddenly jerked his body round and bought his fist up to Taylor’s cheek. “Oh my god Olly!” I shouted, pulling him away from Taylor. I put my hands on Olly’s cheeks. “Olly, I’m so so sorry” I repeated. “This isn’t your fault, he basically raped you.” Olly said. “He didn’t-he didn’t rape me.” I said. “No, he..couldn’t..oh my god.” I said. Olly kissed me and went back over to Taylor. He was clutching his cheek. “Why? Why the fuck did you sleep with her? You knew she had me, you knew she loved me. You were supposed to be her best friend, and then you fucking slept with her when she was THAT vunerable.” He laughed. “She enjoyed it though. Didn’t you gorgeous?” he said, looking at me. Olly’s face was full of anger. Bam. Another punch. I ran over to Olly, pulling him away again. “Olly, please, can we just go? I don’t want to be around him. Please?” I said. He nodded. “Keep away from her, okay? She’s mine, not yours. Don’t you come anywhere near her. You sick bastard.” And with that we left. Olly drove himself back in his car, and I drove myself back in my car. As soon as we got home, he went straight up to the bedroom. Not saying a word, he just went upstairs. I didn’t want to bother him. I collapsed on the sofa, noticing there was still the Chinese we ordered and Back to the Future was paused. I went to the kitchen and heated it all up. When it was done I went back into the front room and continued to watch Back to the Future.

About 45 minutes later, Olly came down and sat on the opposite couch. I didn’t ask any questions, I just wanted him to be happy. I kept my eyes focused on the TV, but I could feel Olly’s eyes on me the whole time. I’d eaten most of the Chinese, but I saved some for Olly. “Do you want me to go and heat some Chinese up for you?” I said breaking the silence. He suddenly took his eyes off me and shook his head. I sighed and looked back at the TV. I didn’t know what to say. To say thank you? To say you’re an idiot? I decided not to, just watch the film. I started to analyse my life. About how I’ve lost literally two of my closest friends and I’ve lost Dad, and mum, well I hardly see her. I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks, I wiped them away quickly so Olly wouldn’t notice; he didn’t. But more kept pouring out. He noticed as soon as I sniffed. I threw my head down, looking at my lap. I suddenly felt a body next to me, putting an arm over me. I buried my head into his chest. “Do you still love me?” I asked him, wiping my tears from my face. “Of course I do, you plonker.” He said, laughing. I laughed. He moved me away from him, and looked at me. He wiped away the tears and stared at me. “I’ve been carrying this around for weeks.” He said, pulling out a box. “Issy, I love you, so much. I know that you didn’t actually want to sleep with him, like you wouldn’t do it to get back at me. Right?” I smiled and nodded. He pretended to wipe the sweat from his head. “I can’t imagine life without you. Third time lucky.” He got down on one knee, and knelt before me. “Isabella, will you mar-“ before he could finish, I kissed him. “Yes.” I mumbled. I felt him smile. We broke away and he put the ring on my finger. “I love you so much, Isabella.” “I love you too, Oliver.” And he kissed me, once more.