chapter seventy three:

My little baby's Prom is today.

I can't believe it. She's super nervous. Charlie, her Prom date, is picking her up at 6. I'm not even sure in what.

Normally, prom's are only held in high school, but in Holly's school, year 7's also have a prom. Not sure why. Maybe because they're moving into high school...

A couple of days ago, we finally went out and bought her dress. It was a gorgeous blue long dress, which was absolutely amazing. I believe that Charlie hasn't even seen the dress yet, but she told him to wear baby blue.

"Knock, knock." I said, holding a plate of toast and some orange juice. I opened the door and Hol was in bed, rubbing her eyes. "big day today." I joked, which she laughed too.

"I'm nervous," she began. I rose my eyebrow, wishing she'd continue, "there's going to be so many other pretty girls there. Girls that are prettier than me, skinnier than me, smarter than me." She looked down.

When did she start thinking about this? She's twelve...she shouldn't be thinking this stuff.

"Hey, hey look at me. You're beautiful, okay? No matter what anyone says. You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I bet any girl would die to be like you. Don't think like that, okay?"

She shrugged. "You have to say that, you're my mum."

I pulled her closer and gave her a cuddle, kissing her hair. "I mean it, Hol you're beautiful."

She giggled slightly, before eating her breakfast. I left the room, closing the door behind me.

Why did you start thinking that? When did she start thinking about this? I can't stand her thinking about that sort of stuff. I mean, every girl obviously goes through it, but she doesn't need to.

I heard a door shut and Olly and Scott soon came through the kitchen door. "Hey beautiful." Olly said, kissing my cheek.

"Hello," I replied, "I'm worried about Hol." I whispered, as Olly put Scott in his playpen.

"Why?" He queried.

"She's saying that other girls are prettier than her and skinner than her and smarter than her...I don't want her to do something...you know."

He nodded, taking in the information.

"She's beautiful. Why doesn't she see that? She's my little girl, you know, the one with the big, gleaming eyes, and that smile that can light up a room, and those dimples which appear after she smiles, and oh, those grades she's getting. She's going to go far, I know it. I'm so proud of her. I'll always be proud of her, no matter what she chooses in life." Olly finished, taking a breathe. I saw two arms wrap around Olly's waist, Olly look shocked. He turned around and Holly was standing there.

"I love you, Daddy." She said as he got down to her level, cuddling her.

"I love you too, beautiful." He replied, hugging her to death.

---

AN: I'm so so so sorry.

It's even like...two months! Wow. I'm sorry.

Buuuut...I'm going to try and update regularly.

However, this story will be ending soon!

On another note: 60k! Love you all so so so much.

Make sure you read 'baby it's you' and I may or may not have another fanfic coming out soon;)

Love you loads xxxxx