chapter twenty five:

Valentine's Day. Issy and I were back together (thankfully), but we were easing back into it. We weren't rushing anything. We haven't had sex or anything. (Sad, I know.) but we were getting there. I was taking her out shopping, so she could buy something nice for tonight, when I'm taking her to lunch, and a little surprise on the way. Issy came thumbing down the stairs, walking into the kitchen. "Get back in bed!" I shouted at her, guarding the breakfast I made for her. "What you got there?" she asked; peaking her head round. "Go back upstairs and you'll see." I said, and she exited, thumbing back upstairs. I walked upstairs with the tray in my hand and walked in. "Oh Olly, I would have never guessed!" she said sarcastically, acting surprised. "Loser." She laughed. "Thank you, gorgeous." she said, peaking my lips. "Anything for you, ma'am." I said, saluting her. She was still staying at her Mum's house, as she didn't want to rush things. So was I to be honest. Our house hasn't been touched for about two weeks. I got back into bed, wriggling about until I found a comfortable position. "So, Murs, what are we doing today?" she said, licking her fingers from the croissant. "Surprise. But be ready in about half an hour." She nodded. "Good girl." I said, kissing her forehead. "I'm going to pop home, I'll meet you outside later, love ya." I blew her a kiss and left her.

I got home and got changed into some clothes. 20 minutes later, I made my way back to Issy's house. She was waiting outside looking absolutely perfect. Issy was wearing a purple dress that came up to her knees with a leather jacket and vans. She picked up her phone and started talking to someone. "Hello gorge-" she pressed her fingers to my lips. "Yeah, okay, I'll be right there." And she hung up. "baby, I've got to go to the office for a bit. I'm so sorry. Matt wants me to-" "Swear that dude has a crush on you." I said. She laughed. "Don't be stupid. Come with me?" I nodded and she got in the car. "You look beautiful, by the way." I said, she smiled. "Not too bad yourself." She said, winking at me. We got there and she led me out the car, into the humongous building. She was greeted by the person on reception and a couple of people walking down to the boss. "Someone's miss popular." I said, jokingly. "Take a seat, I'll be two minutes." Issy said, pointing the chairs across the hall from a door which said 'Matt Stevenson.' She knocked on the door and he invited her inside. She left the door open a bit and she took a seat. I could hear every word they were saying to each other. "First of all, wow, Issy. You look, wow. Going somewhere nice?" he said. "Yeah, my boyfriend's taking me somewhere." "boyfriend? I thought that turned to shit?" he said, laughing. She awkwardly laughed. "Yeah well now we're back on." He got up and sat next to her. He put a hand on her thigh. "Make sure he treats you right." That little twat. I got up and burst through the door. "Get your hands off my girlfriend!" I shouted, he suddenly leapt back and stood up. "Olly!" Issy shouted. I didn't listen. I wanted to destroy this guy. I pushed him against the wall, fist at the ready. "Olly, stop it now!" Issy said, getting in between Matt and I. I suddenly snapped back into reality and realised what I was doing. I let go of him and lowered my hand. I looked at Issy. She was focused on Matt. I turned around and walked out. "Olly, Olly wait!" she shouted. I walked faster and faster until I reached the lobby. I sat down in the chairs and my face fell in my hands. I felt like I needed to scream and shout. I stopped myself. I could hear Issy's distant shouts of my name. She finally reached the lobby and came over to me. "You didn't..you didn't even do anything to stop it." I stuttered. She had nothing to say. I stood up and walked out. "Olly?" She said. She sounded desperate. I stopped and turned around. "Olly, please." Issy said, running over to me. "We promised. No secrets." I reminded her. She looked confused. She wiped the tears from my eyes. "I love you, and only you. You're my one and only. Okay? There is no one else for me. Nobody else." I smiled and she smiled. I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to me. "I love you so much." I said. "I've got to go and talk to Matt. I'll be two minutes." I nodded and she ran off upstairs. I got back in the car, leant my head back, nearly dozed off. Issy's been up there for ages. Seconds later, someone knocked on my car window. I looked up to see Issy's face. I unlocked the door and she came round to seat in the passenger seat. "Sorry I was so long, he was giving me my next job." "Oh what is it?" I asked. She didn't reply for a bit. "Doesn't matter, nothing important. I'll tell you later." I nodded and drove to the shopping centre. "First stop, shopping." I gave her my credit card. "Go wild." I said, kissing her nose. "Olly, no I can't!" I ran away, leaving her standing on her own. "You'll have to catch me first!" she sighed. "I'll see you in 2 hours, up here!" I said, pointing to where I was standing. She stuck her thumbs up and went shopping.